(3) A Monster Problem

A few hours had passed and Y/N was currently making her way toward the Saltzman Twins' room. She wasn't nervous, but she rarely was anyway. The worst Josie could do was say no, although that would bring the tribrid down tremendously.

As Y/N approached the door she silently said a spell, causing a sunflower to appear in her right hand. She wasn't sure what flowers Josie was fond of, but the girl reminded Y/N of a sunflower so she decided it would be fitting.

Y/N reached the door and brought her left hand up, knocking gently at it while putting her right hand behind her back in order to hide the flower. The girl then rocked back and forth gently on her feet waiting for someone to open it.

Soon the door was opened, and Y/N was greeted by Lizzie. Y/N opened her mouth to ask for Josie, but before she could the door was shut in her face, causing her mouth to snap shut.

"That was so rude!" Y/N heard Josie exclaim from behind the door, causing her to smile gently. The door was then opened, this time by the brunette Y/N had been hoping for. "Hey, Y/N. Are you okay?"

Y/N nodded toward Josie, feeling herself grow happy by the fact Josie had asked about her well-being immediately. "I am okay. I actually came to ask a question."

Josie smiled gently at the tribrid, while Lizzie stared at the two from her bed. "Sure, what's up?"

Y/N cleared her throat gently before asking Josie the question she'd been practicing in her head for the last hour. "Uhm well, Josie Saltzman, I was wondering if you would like to accompany me to the Winter Formal tomorrow?" Y/N asked before pulling the flower out from behind her and extending it toward Josie. "As my date?"

"Really?" Josie asked in a shocked tone as Lizzie groaned from her spot in the room. Josie then took the flower from Y/N before continuing. "But why me? We only just met."

"Well, while that may be true," Y/N said while nodding. "You have been very kind to me, and I happen to find you rather beautiful. You told me you didn't have a date and I asked Hope and Landon how one should approach asking you. I would love to experience a modern dance, and I'd love for you to be the one to accompany me." Y/N explained.

Josie smiled widely at Y/N, a slight blush forming on her cheeks at the girls words. "You really asked Hope and Landon how to ask me?" Josie said with an amused tone, to which Y/N nodded. "Well, I would love to be your date. Pick me up at 8 tomorrow?"

"Yes!" Y/N exclaimed while nodding. "I will be here at 8 o'clock sharp for our dance date."

Josie laughed at the tribrid's response before closing the door. Once it was closed Y/N did a fist pump, something she'd seen Landon do multiple times during their time alone. She then heard Lizzie speaking through the door, causing her to frown.

"You can't go with her! You can't trust her!" Lizzie exclaimed loud enough for Y/N to hear.

She then heard Josie sigh loudly. "Lizzie, not everyone is like Sebastian."

At the sound of Josie defending her Y/N smiled, walking away quickly in search of Hope and Landon. She couldn't wait to tell them that she was going to the dance with Josie.

On her way to her room Y/N heard a weird noise coming from behind her. Y/N turned around and came face to face with a troll.

Y/N was unsure of what to do until she heard someone running up behind her.

"Y/N, move!" Hope exclaimed, causing Y/N to move over to the side. Due to the commotion students started opening their doors, including Josie and Lizzie who walked out with wide eyes. "Ignalusa!" Hope yelled out, causing fire to leave her hand and burn the troll as she walked past Y/N.