(4) Winter Formal

The dance was on a Saturday, so when Y/N woke up the next morning she headed toward the bathroom and took a quick shower before throwing on a pair of Nike sweatpants and a striped t shirt. Students weren't required to wear uniforms on the weekend, meaning she could dress comfortably until she had to get ready for the dance.

Speaking of students, Y/N wasn't entirely sure if she was one. Sure she was living in the school, and Dr.Saltzman had given her a uniform, but she wasn't sure where she stood yet. Since she was still 17 ( perk of her soul previously being tied to a prison world) she was technically allowed to enroll, but she wasn't sure how to go about that. She made a mental note to ask Alaric on Monday.

She learned Josie was 16 and that her birthday was not until March. Y/N had wrote it down on a calendar she'd found in her room so she would not forget. She knew it was months away but she still planned to not forget.

As Y/N walked through the hall back toward her room she saw MG walking toward her. She smiled at him, and he quickly smiled back before motioning her to come over to him.

"You're taking Josie to Winter Formal, right?" MG asked as she approached him. She nodded so he continued. "Cool, I'm taking Lizzie. They usually like to show up together so what time are you meeting Josie?"

"8 o'clock," Y/N answered him.

"I'll meet you outside your room at 7:45?" MG asked the tribrid.

"That will work for me," Y/N confirmed. With that MG walked off and Y/N continued her walk back to her room.

As she walked in she noticed Hope once again reading something, only this time Y/N read the title and her eyebrow raised in confusion.

"The History of Hybrids and Tribrids?" Y/N said aloud as she walked over toward Hope.

Hope looked up and nodded, patting the edge of her bed and inviting Y/N to sit down. Once the girl did Hope began to explain why she was reading that book.

"I wanted to see if I could find any trace of Tribrids from the 1600s or before. Because until you it was assumed the only tribrid to exist was in my family," Hope explained. "But then I realized I don't even know your last name."

Y/N nodded. "My name is Y/N Forester," She said, revealing her last name. "My father was a hybrid, as well as my mother. Their names were Jane and Edmund Forester."

"There's no mention of the Forester name in this book," Hope responded.

"I would expect that. Our family kept it a secret. I was their only child, so I suppose it was assumed the tribrid bloodline died out when I was sent to the prison world," Y/N told her. "If any writings were to exist I would not expect to be called a tribrid, simply a monster."

Hope's eyes widened as the girl said this. "Did you do something to earn that name?"

The other tribrid shook her head. "All I did was simply exist. As I once explained to Landon we were not so easily accepted back in the 1600s. Not even by other vampires and werewolves."

"So the tribrid line stopped until my family because you were gone," Hope said, putting everything together.

Y/N nodded. "It seems that is the case."

"I need to tell you something, and you might not like it," Hope said while closing the book. Y/N raised an eyebrow but motioned for her to continue. "Dr.Saltzman wants to know why you were sent to the prison world. I know you've explained it, but he says you could be lying."

Y/N let out a sigh while nodding. "Let me guess, you wish to do a head dive of my memories?"

Hope bit her lip lightly before nodding. "If I'm being completely honest, it doesn't make sense that you were sent to a prison world without doing something bad."