(5) Frances

After the dance ended Y/N had walked Josie back to her room, and gave the girl a kiss on the cheek which Josie had nearly melted to. Y/N had an amazing night, and she could tell Josie felt the same way.

The next day, however, came quickly. When Y/N woke up Hope asked her to go do whatever she needed to do before the head dive.

Y/N went to the bathroom and showered, throwing on an outfit similar to the one she wore the day before. She then brushed her teeth before going to eat a bowl of cereal with Landon and Rafael. After all that was finished she walked back to her room.

Y/N was greeted by Hope, MG and surprisingly Josie. Y/N knew Hope needed MG to help with the head dive, but she was unsure of what Josie was there for.

Josie could tell, and quickly spoke up as Y/N walked further into the room. "I'm here for moral support," She said with a smile.

Y/N smiled back, genuinely grateful for the fact Josie was there. "I guess let's get this over with," She sighed while walking toward a chair they already had set up in the room. It was right beside Hope's bed, which Josie was currently sitting on.

"I know you're a tribrid and can alter the reality in your head, but I need you to relax and take us to your memories, okay?" Hope said while moving to stand behind Y/N.

MG held his hands out, but Y/N paused to speak before grabbing hold of them. "I've told you, Hope Mikaelson, I have nothing to hide," And with that she grabbed his hands as Hope said a spell to make her unconscious.

"It's your memories," Was the first thing Y/N heard when she opened her eyes again. She realized they were back in Mystic Falls, only it wasn't Mystic Falls yet. It was where she grew up. "They can't see us but we can see them," Y/N heard the voice again and she turned to see Hope standing beside her.

Y/N simply nodded before leading Hope toward her home. She recognized the day. It was the day everything went wrong. Up until that day she had never killed or harmed anyone.

As they approached her house there was suddenly a loud crash, and both Hope and Y/N whipped their heads to the door. They saw a man fly out, covered in blood. Next past Y/N ran out, moving her hands slightly. All the sudden the man's neck was snapped, and Y/N ran back into the house.

Present Y/N ran inside before the door shut, Hope following closely behind.

"That's how you activated the werewolf curse?" Hope said, causing Y/N to nod.

"Just watch," She said while pointing toward her past self and a witch she thought she'd never see again.

"Did they hurt you?" Her past self said while running over to the other witch. "Frances, are you hurt?"

The girl shook her head, moving to sit up. "They tried, but you saved me like always."

Past Y/N shook her head harshly. "I killed him, Frances...I have to leave now."

"Wait!" The girl yelled, grabbing hold of Y/N's hand. "It's not safe anymore. Not for you. I love you, it's my turn to save you."

Hope glanced over at the present Y/N, who had tears forming in her eyes as she watched the scene play out. She then turned back toward the past to watch how things played out.

"You can't protect me anymore," Past Y/N said as tears formed in her eyes. "They already know I'm not normal, but now I'll never be able to hide it!"

Hope watched as Frances pulled something out of her pocket, revealing an ascendent. Hope's eyes widened, realizing this witch was more powerful than she expected.