Chapter 8

After that night, I was more concerned about her. She couldn't tell her concern about her family,to anyone. I saw her out of my room, watching her,she looks happy,she smile and laugh. Maybe she smile but I knew deep in her heart, she was so miserable and sad.

And when I'm busy with my mind. Someone knocked on the door.

"Please come in".

Someone walked into my office. He stood with his eyes glazed gray and his curly hair combed backward. He always looks so....arrogant.

"Hello Ar." His deep voice sounded very scary for me.

"Keenan, what are you ..."

He answered me before I finished my words.

"Honestly I really don't want to come here, especially to meet you. But I can't make my mom disappointed."  He smiled sarcastically.

"Next week is my wedding, you don't have to come, because I don't need you. But I still have to tell you, and you just have to tell mom that I invite you but you can't go because of your bussines.As a easy as that,got it?"

He is Kennan, this man who was standing right in front of me is my brother. Stepbrother. He always hated me. He's 2 years old, when I was born. And something that I know is he really hates me and my dad. Because he thinks that my father who caused his family apart.

He always this rude to me, as he always did. But I don't think it's a good thing to do the same as he did to me. So until now. I just let him do what he wants, just like today. He asked me not to come to his wedding, in this case I have to shut my mouth and told my mom that I couldn't go because of my business. Not because Keenan who told me not to come.

"I am very grateful ..... if you don't  come. Because I do not want you to ruin everything " Looks like he never feel glad about have a brother,like me.

And then he left my room. I still   speechless because I can't believe it, that he would do this to me, he doesn't want me to come to his wedding.

He loves me, but in his own way. I thought.

Someone knocked on the door. Once more. And I hope it's not Keenan. I really don't want to feel bad about anything. Especially today.

"Mr. Syandria, are you okay? You look no good. Do you need water? Or coffee?"

It's Aleyna,she seems worried about me. I am a little excited about it.

"Oh no, thank you, I'm fine" I smiled at her.

"Thank god if you are fine, and you should check this Mr.Syandria,this is about the next week project, I've been told Mr.Song about the details."

She gave me a paper and some blue folder. She put in on my table.

"Okay, thank you Aleyna, I'll check this out" I replied, looking at the paper that she put on the table.

"Are you sure you okay?" She asked me again.

I look at her eyes and wish I could tell Aleyna about Keenan and my family, but I couldn't make her burdened with my pitiful family story.

I smiled at her and say.

"I'm fine Aleyna, I always be fine"