Chapter 23. A Special Delivery

I was sitting once again on the RV in boredom. With my hunting rifle slung over my shoulder, I grabbed the rifle and looked through the scope.

"We got your special delivery right here. " says a familiar voice

I looked away from the scope and looked in the direction the shouting was coming from.

" We got your lotion, got your conditioner, - your Soap Opera Digest."

I climbed down the RV and walked towards the noise and saw my mom Glenn and Maggie.

"Maggie i.." Starts my mom

"Next time you want something, get it your damn self We're not your errand boys." Yells Maggie at my mom.

" Hey! Whats going on?!" I ask her. She looks hesitantly at me and quickly looks away.

"uhhhh...." Glenn starts. But he doesn't know what to say.

"Honey, I..."

"And here's your abortion pills. " says Maggie throwing them on the ground.

Maggie stormed off angrily and Glenn followed.

My eyes widened as I looked at the abortion pills Maggie threw on the ground.

I walked up to her,

I grabbed the abortion pills from the ground and held them between my fingers

"Are you crazy?" I ask her confused. " your not using them mom!"

"Brian I.....I'm so sorry. But I don't want my baby to grow up in a world like this...."

" it's not just your decision. Doesn't dad have a say in this?" I ask. " listen I don't know what happened to Maggie but I've never seen her like that so she probably has a good reason for it. I'll go talk to her."

I walk off and find Maggie at a well cleaning her face with a cloth.

"That was not cool." I say walking up to her.

" Which part? The part where that bitch almost got us killed?" She says.

" What? Are you okay?" I ask concerned. I walk over to her to see if any wounds were visible.

She slowly nods.

"Jesus, well I uhh.....listen That bitch is still my mom. I should've gone with you instead of that stupid gun practice I already know how to shoot.... Stupid"

"Right, take the blame. You know, for a smart guy, you're really stupid." She says " for example, you climb down a well with a walker."

I scratch my neck. She was right I had a habit of making stupid decisions. But somebody had to do it.

" yeah well."

She takes a step forward. And grabs my cheek
You're to brave for you're own good Brian, I've already lost three of the people that I care about most in this world."

"Maggie... " I start.

"Shut up. You're smart. You're brave. You're a leader. But you don't know it. And then you climb down that stupid well to prove yourself but you didn't have to. Even tho we weren't as close as we are now I was scared, You played walker bait. I can't take you becoming one of them." She finished with tears in her eyes. " i'm sorry about calling your mom a bitch. "

I wrapped my arms tightly around her and pulled her close to me.

" I am sorry. I didn't know you were still thinking about that. Yes that was stupid. And also I'm glad you feel that way about me Maggie, I want you to know that I feel the same, you mean a lot to me now. And I promise you Maggie. Your not getting rid of me any time soon, but you have to understand, I feel like a complete fuck up. I am not allowed to help I just feel like I have to prove myself to my dad even if he says I don't. I just have to. And my mom....i just....she's having a tough time alright just don't take it out on her. She just made a stupid decision...guess it runs in the family"

Suddenly I feel a pair of lips on my cheek and she brushes her nose against mine. While looking at my lips.

" is this thing we have Real?" She asks me suddenly " and I mean Really real?"

I softly kiss her and pull back brushing my nose against hers again while smiling and kissing her nose " for me its real and I mean it. But listen, I don't want to hurt your feelings but this is going pretty fast between us, I mean I really really like you but I want to spend more time with you until this is official, you know?"

Instead of looking sad she smiles. " I agree, lets stay on this level for a while"

She smiles at me and i grab her hand while pulling away.

I take the cloth from the ground. "Turn around, I'll clean your neck" she turns around and I gently put the cloth to her neck removing a bit of dirt.

" was it close?" I ask her

"Yeah" she simply says.

I wrap my remaining hand under her left arm and around her stomach pulling her into me again. "I'm glad your okay now." I say spinning her around.

She smiles at me.

" wanna spend some time with me? On the RV?" I ask her. And she nods. So for the remaining day we sat together on the RV talking about stuff we liked. And of course she was begging for me to play guitar.

" ooh come on please?" She asks.

" maybe" I say grinning.

She rolls her eyes.

" well......this is boring" she says looking through her binocular"

I nod while staring at her.

She removes her binocular and looks at me.

" what?" She asks blushing

" I'm just looking at you" I say smirking

It was boring on the RV but when I looked at Maggie I knew it was worth the time.

Here you go another late late late chapter xD