Chapter 24: The Barn

It was early in the morning. We were all sitting outside our tents after a good night's rest.

The day before Maggie returned to her house after giving me a quick peck on the cheek looking around if nobody saw it.

And right now I was sitting on the RV again. looking around at nothing nothing and nothing.

"Okay I've had it, nothing is going to come up here," I said while climbing down the RV.

Glenn stared at me nervously.

"You okay Glenn?" I asked him.

Everybody looked at him.

"Well, I uhh....So...The barn is full of walkers." 

This was continued by Shane kicking and screaming like a baby while running down to the barn to check it.

I was standing next to the door with my ear against it. I could make out the Moaning, growling, and Growls.

Suddenly a walker pushed against the barn door. I jumped back.

"You cannot tell me you're all right with this." Said shane to my dad.

"No I'm not, but we're guests here. This isn't our land."

"This is our lives!" Shane yelled.

"Lower your voice." Said Glenn to shane while the growling got louder.

"We can't just sweep this under the rug." Says Andrea stating her point

"It ain't right. Not remotely." Says Shane. "Okay, we've either got to go in there, we've got to make things right or we've just got to go. Now we have been talking about fort Benning for a long time."

"We can't go."

" Why, Rick? Why?"

"Because my daughter is still out there." Says carol sadly.

"Okay. Okay, I think it's time that we all start to just consider the other possibility."

" We're not leaving Sophia behind." Says Jeffrey pointing at Shane

" I'm close to finding this girl. I just found her damn doll two days ago." Says Daryl

"You found her doll, Daryl. That's what you did. You found a doll." Shane butts in

" hey man you are talking about abandoning this little girl!" says Michael.

I was shocked that Michael had some sense into that thick skull of his.

"  You don't know what the hell you're talking about." Shouts Daryl at Shane.

"I'm just saying what needs to be said. You get a good lead, it's in the first 48 hours,"shane says

" Jesus man Shane, stop," I tell him as I look at Carol who starts to cry.

"Let me tell you something else, man." He starts ignoring me" If she was alive out there and saw you coming all methed out with your buck knife and geek ears around your neck, she would run in the other direction. "

Daryl starts to attack but I hold him back as shane starts to grin and everybody begins to shout.

" that stupid prick ain't worth it Daryl," I say in his ear

"Back off!" Daryl shouts pushing me off, but he didn't attack so I guess it worked.

"The hell you just call me?" Shane says

" you heard me you stupid..." I start

"HEY! ENOUGH! both of you" Rick shouts glaring at us

"Okay everybody calm down...." Dale says holding up his hands