chapter 17

CHAPTER 17:
Is it over?
Nyx

"You're his daughter?!"

"Ironic, isn't it?"

This was my first time meeting the Sun Summoner, Alina Starkov, and she was even more terrified than I was. I couldn't blame her, especially when the man she loved turned out to be a monster and force the Stags horns on her, protruding from her collarbone.

The volcra started to make it very clear that they noticed us, getting closer as their screeches became louder.

And having two Shadow Summoners inside the Fold didn't help.

"Do something," Alina pleaded to him before placing her hands together.

"No. Remember who's driving," He grasped onto her shoulder and she gasped, feeling an overwhelming sensation before a shot of light came forward and made us a way through the Fold, meshing both their powers together to create a safe passage.

"Your power is mine now."

Kaz, this may be too much for us.

Maybe this might be it.

Their powers together was so overwhelming, and it physically exhausted Alina to be producing such light that she had no control over yet.

"Why this half measure? Why just carve a tunnel? You have me. You have this," Alina gestured to the horns in her collarbone.

"Destroy the Fold. You said we could."

"That was never his plan," I spoke up, and she looked at me in shock and confusion.

"And why would we destroy the Fold? It's the greatest weapon that we've got."

I knew it.

I know he's experienced the worst behavior that humans have inflicted on Grisha, but they aren't like that anymore. We're only at War with the Shu Han, and we just have to settle that through diplomacy. Yes, Fjerda may take many more years, but it's better than making them fear us more and as a result, hate us.

"One more demonstration," Father spoke as he opened up a bit of the Fold to the other side, where General Zlatan was waiting with his troops.

"You've seen what the Sun Summonet can do. Now bare witness to what I can do. . .with her power," He spoke to the nobles who joined us.

"Whatever it is you want me to do, I won't do it," Alina defied him.

"You've done your part. Now I shall do mine."

He lifted his hands and the Fold started to rush forward, engulfing everything in its path.

"No!" I yelled out, quickly clasping my hands together before reaching them out and pulling it back in, trying to keep the shadows from reaching them.

"Ivan."

I couldn't even get a full grasp on them before Ivan started to slow down my heartrate, and I fell to the ground as my nose started to bleed and I gasped for air.

"Nyx!" Alina tried to come towards me, but the shackles held her back.

Shit.

"What have you done?!"

The world around me started to get blurry as I coughed up blood.

And the blood leaked through the grates.

"Kaz," I wheezed out, in absolute suffering as a tear rolled down my cheek.

"Ivan, that's enough," He finally told him and I gasped for air as my heart started to slowly beat at a regular pace.

"I think she's learned her lesson."

I hate you.

"With the power of the Sun Summoner at my command, I control the Fold. And it's monsters. I can move it to any border I like. Engulf any harbor. Consume any city. Take what you have seen back to your home countries. Tell the Fjerdans. Tell the Shu Han. There will be no more war with Ravka. All countries will answer to us. For who would oppose us now?" I slowly stood up, leaning against the walls of the deck as a gun shot sounded off.

"Mal!" Alina shouted but Ivan acted quickly and the gun slipped from his hand and he fell.

"Keep him alive. He could be useful to us," Father told Ivan.

"Alina," Mal grunted.

"General Kirigan, this will turn the world against you and all Grisha," a noblewoman spoke up.

"You'll be seen not as a savior, but a Heretic," Her guards pulled out their guns but that was a mistake as Ivan immediately brought them all down to their knees in agony.

"No! Stop this!" I shouted at him.

"Shame. I'll have to give that speech again now," He showed no remorse for anything he had done.

And I knew then that I needed to strike if I ever wanted to be free.

I grunted as I pushed myself forward and created a shadow dagger in my hand, physical enough to kill.

"You idiot!" I got close enough to slash his cheek, and he glared at me as he touched the fresh wound and hissed in pain.

"You're never going to win! I will not rest until you're put down, and that is now!" I kept slashing towards him, having enough of his savior bullshit until he was back against a corner and I aimed for his neck.

But he grabbed my fist curling around the dagger.

"Looks like I can't make you learn. Just like your mother."

He hissed before plunging the dagger deep into my stomach.

///
Cliffhanger! How do you think Kaz will react when he sees her on the ground?
And the Anastasia AU will not be a Kaz Brekker fanfic, but a Jesper Fahey one because our boy deserves some love too.