※Polaroids|Kim Taehyung※

For as long both could remember, they had cherished each moment together, capturing each memory with a snap of a camera

They were like soulmates. They were both born in December 30th 1995, in the same hospital, a few minutes apart, a room away from each other. Their mothers had been best friends and encouraged both of them to keep a strong friendship.

Of course growing up they fought and laughed and cried and celebrated together. They saw each other through failure and success.

But like everything, somethings must come to an end.

"Kira, do you really need to go?" The young man asked, his eyes watering at the sight of boxes labeled and set on a side. He watched his bestfriend pack her thinks, her eyes glossy. She had never been a crybaby. Out of the two, Kirana was the toughest, but this very moment she couldn't be strong for the both of them.

"I'm sorry TaeTae, I wish I could stay, I really do, but this is my future, all of my dreams. This is a once in a life time opportunity that I can't pass."

She was picked for an internship that not many people could get, and it was her dream, a dream she couldn't let go.

"Yes, I know that, but think about everything you're leaving behind!"

Kirana angrily let go of the book she was packing and looked up at Taehyung. "I know that! Don't make me feel guilty about chosing my dreams! You don't get to do that!"

"But I do!" Taehyung shouted, the lump in his throat suffocating him as his heart fought harshly against his chest. He couldn't let her go. He wouldn't. "Kirana, I have been a part of your life for nineteen years. We have gone through everything together. You can't just pack your things and go."

"Taehyung,"-Kirana sighed, she knew he would be this upset and yet she couldn't bare to see him cry.-"That I'm leaving doesn't mean I'll forget you, of us, our life time of memories. You are my best friend, I would never forget you. Don't fight me on this, this is something I want, so let me spread my wings and take flight."

Taehyung nodded quietly, slowly trying to convince himself to let her make her dreams come true. It was true, he couldn't hold her down no matter what, but still he couldn't accept the fact that she'd be gone.

Walking towards a half opened box, Taehyung peeked inside and instantly sighed when he saw a few of the objects inside. Opening the box, Taehyung brought out the contents and let a few of his tears trickle down his cheeks as he reminisced the memories that lived in each and every picture.

"Y-you really kept all of these silly pictures?" Taehyung stuttered, shuffling through the polaroids. He walked to the purple bean bag he got Kirana for one Christmas and sat in it, his body sinking into the fluffy material.

Kirana looked towards Taehyung and noticed the pictures in his hands and smiled sadly. Standing up, she walked towards Taehyung and grabbed his hands. He looked confused for a second when she opened his arms widely but then chuckled when she sat on his lap. Leaning back and placing her head at the crook of Taehyung's neck, the boy shyly let his arms wrap around his best friend.

Kirana took one picture out of the pile of polaroids and sniffed at the cute memory. The picture was of Taehyung and her during a summer trip they did the year before to celebrate their graduation. Their parents gave them permission to travel around for one week on their own, so they enjoyed every second and took pictures together.

The most special one was one they went to a hill top and took a picture with a beautiful view behind them. Taehyung had insisted in taking a picture with his much professional camera, but Kirana had been stubborn and convinced him to take a picture with her Polaroid camera. In the picture Taehyung was hugging her from behind and right as he extended his long arm to take the picture he buried his head in her hair and tickled her. The picture was a bit blurry, but they could still appreciate Kirana's laughter and Taehyung's loving gaze.

They were really the best of friends, but sometimes Kirana wondered if they would ever be more than that. Growing up she had a crush on Taehyung, and she still did, but she worried that if she confessed she would ruin their life long friendship.

"Kira, never think for a second that I don't support your dreams, because I really do, and I want you to succeed, so I won't stop you... because... I love you." Taehyung whispered the last part, trying to keep the words to himself, but Kirana still heard it clearly, so she slightly turned her head towards Taehyung and frowned.

"You what?" She tried to hold back a grin, trying not to get her hopes up.

"N-nothing, it was just a slip up..."

"YOU LOVE ME?"

"NO!"

"Yes you do!" Kirana stood up and giggled at Taehyung's red face.

"N-no, I don't. You heard me wrong." The shy boy looked away, mentally cursing at his big mouth.

Kirana smiled and got closer to him again. Placing her hands on the wall behind Taehyung's head, she sat down again on his lap, but this time she straddled his hips.

Just like she was the strongest out of them both, she was the most confident one and she loved it when she had power over the shy boy.

Taehyung looked away, his heart rate increasing. He felt like he would faint at any given moment, but that would be embarrassing considering that his best friend, and crush, was sitting on his lap.

"I love you too, Tae." Kirana whispered. Instantly, Taehyung looked towards her and opened his eyes in shock.

"Y-you love me? As in... like me like me?"

Kirana giggled and nodded, placing her arms around Taehyung's neck. Getting closer to him she smiled. "Yeah, I like you like you."

Without second thoughts, Taehyung captured Kirana's lips with his own, blindly placing the pictures on a little table besides the beanbag and placing his hands on Kirana's hips.

After braking the kiss, Taehyung rested his forehead against hers and smiled triumphantly. "Well that's a way to ruin our friendship."

"Aish, don't say that." Kirana slapped his arm and Taehyung chuckled.

"Don't worry, our friendship is intact."-Taehyung sighed and hugged Kirana.-"Whatever this means for us now, remember that I'm on your side. I'll wait for you here when you return, because we are a team and thought I'll miss you, I will neve hold you back from achieving your goals."

Kirana smiled and placed a peck on Taehyung's lips. "And I'll be looking forward for when I come back. Thanks for supporting me Tae."

"Always, Kira."

Though there's always an end to everything, there's always a beautiful, new beginning. A window for new memories. A new journey to the future.

A/N:

Hi, it's been a while since I wrote a one shot. I've been really busy and stressed so I haven't been writing much. I'm writing this when I'm supposed to be sleeping so Oh well... I hope you enjoyed.

As always requests are open:

REQUESTS

See you on my next update! Don't forget to vote and comment.

Byeee~

-Random Potato♡