Ch.1 Don't Know How To Feel

■Y/N's POV■

I look at the time it's 3 in the afternoon. Today's my wedding anniversary with my husband, Tsukishima Akiteru. It's our 2nd year as a husband and wife.

Lately, Akiteru has been really busy and comes home late. I'm feeling lonely but I shouldn't complain, Akiteru is working for our family.

Actually, besides today is our anniversary, I want to tell Akiteru something. I head to the supermarket to buy ingredients for dinner. Akiteru says he will come home early today.

I've bought everything I need and put them in her car, then head to buy a gift for him, I choose to buy a necktie. When I'm paying for the necktie, my phone rings, It's Akiteru.

Y/N: Akiteru san...

Akiteru: um Y/N... I'm sorry I have something to do at work... seems like I won't eat dinner at home again...

My heart clenches painfully, but I need to hold it. It seems like Akiteru forgot that today is our wedding anniversary.

Y/N: It's... okay... please don't tire yourself up Akiteru san... I love you...

Akiteru: yes Y/N... see you at home...

The call ended, I clutch my phone tightly.

It's okay... I shouldn't complain... Akiteru san is tired too... I need to support him...

I decide to walk back to the car that I park in front of the basement. I look inside every store that I pass on my way down, but when I'm in front of a certain store my heart skips a beat.

There, inside a perfume store, through the huge glass window, I see Akiteru san with a woman circling her arms on his arm. They look happy.

Clenches

It's getting hard to breathe as I look at the two. Just then Akiteru san look my way and our eyes met. His eyes widened and looks shocked.

I avert my gaze and turn around, bumping into another customer.

Y/N: I'm... sorry...

I run to my car not hearing as the person I bumped into was calling me because I drop the gift I bought.

Right after I get into my car and started it, my tears roll down my cheeks.

Why?

What did I do wrong?

Akiteru's POV■

I run out of the store right after I see Y/N runs and bump into someone. But by the time I'm out of the store the elevator she's in has already moved down.

Man1: that lady dropped this bag, should we put it on the security desk?

I turn my gaze at a couple that holding onto a paper bag. Y/N holds that bag earlier.

Akiteru: excuse me, I know her, I can give it back to her.

Woman1: oh really, that will be nice... here

The couple left and I look inside the bag. My heart stops beating the moment I read a card attached to the gift box inside.

Happy anniversary Akiteru san
Thank you so much for all of your hard work and for making me happy.

I miss you, I hope we can spend more time together.

I love you
-Y/N-