Ch.3 Call My Name Again

■3rd Person POV■

Two weeks have passed since Y/N found out about Akiteru's affair. He already ended it with the woman but Y/N still can't trust him.

Y/N walks out of the guest room and smells something good. Akiteru is in the kitchen preparing breakfast for the two. Akiteru sees Y/N and smiles at her.

Akiteru: Good morning Y/N I uh... am making breakfast for us... here's the toast and oh I'm gonna make you sunny side up egg...

Y/N watches as Akiteru place the toast on the table and walks back to the kitchen to cook the eggs. Since two weeks ago he always wakes up earlier and prepares breakfast for the two, but because of that he sometimes rushing so he won't be late.

Y/N knows that Akiteru's works start early. Y/N walks to the kitchen and takes the pan from Akiteru's hand. Akiteru looks at Y/N as she looks at him.

Y/N: you... please get ready for work... I'll cook...

Akiteru wants to please Y/N, he wants to show her that he'll do his best to make her feel loved just like how he feels when Y/N treated him before.

Akiteru: no, I can do it... you can get ready to work in-

Y/N: I'm not working... I have more time in the morning than you... let me cook...

Akiteru can't argue with that, but he's afraid if he left to take a shower now, Y/N will eat first. Akiteru wants them to eat together.

Akiteru: I... want us to eat breakfast together...

■Y/N's POV■

Akiteru san looks down as he clenches on the hem of his t-shirt. I know how it feels, wanting to eat breakfast with someone just like how I want to do that with him before.

Y/N: okay...

Akiteru san's eyes lit up and he smiles. He then heads to the bathroom to take a shower. I continue making our breakfast and place it on the plates. I put them on the table and sit on my chair while waiting for Akiteru san.

He came out not long after and joins me at the dining table. We eat our breakfast in silence, but to be honest if it wasn't because he cheated, I would be really happy to eat breakfast with him.

We started eating breakfast together again, just like how I wanted to. But it's different now, right now, I just want to finish my food right away.

After we eat, Akiteru picks up the plates and walks to the sink, but before he could fold his sleeves, I prevent him from doing so.

Y/N: I'll wash... you can go now, if you fold your sleeves they'll be wrinkled...

Akiteru: but you cooked toda-

Y/N: you will be late... Tsukishima san...

Akiteru san stands still and then hung his head low. I avert my gaze from him and start washing the plates.

Akiteru: Y/N...

I can feel the weakness in his voice every time I call him by his last name.

Akiteru: o-okay... I'll go to work now...

Just then I feel strong arms sneak from under my arms and circle around my waist.

Y/N: Tsu-

Akiteru: you please be careful at home and if you go out too... I'll try to be home early... let's eat diner together...

His arms around me tightened and my heart clenched by the sound of his voice that almost sounds like a whimper.

I didn't say anything and there I feel soft lips pressed against the top of my head. Akiteru san kisses my head as he hugs me from behind.