Epilogue

■3rd Person POV■

The voice of a crying baby could be heard. Y/N opens her eyes and sees the clock on the table beside the bed.

01.28 a.m

Y/N is about to get up when a hand pushes her back to sleep. Y/N turns around to sees Akiteru stares at her with gentle eyes.

Akiteru: no, you stay here and sleep Y/N... I'll go...

Y/N: Akiteru san, you have to wake up early-

Akiteru pulls the cover higher to cover Y/N's body.

Akiteru: it's okay... I'll go see Yukina okay... you can rest because when I'm at work you'll hardly get rest with her...

Akiteru smiles at Y/N, kissing her, and leaves the room. Y/N watches as her husband heads to their 10 month old daughter.

Y/N's heart is filled with joy, knowing how much Akiteru cares for her and their child. Thinking about their happy days since Yukina was born, Y/N slowly drifts back to sleep.

Akiteru walks into his daughter's room and approaches the cribs. He picks up his crying baby and cradles her gently in his arms.

Akiteru: there, there, dada's here... you hungry, mooncake?

Akiteru brings Yukina's bottle closer and the baby nimble on it before she starts drinking. Akiteru happily watches his daughter in his arms.

Akiteru: you're so cute... just like your mom...

After Yukina stops drinking her milk, Akiteru puts the bottle and tries to make her burp before cradling her again, trying to make her sleep.

Then Yukina sleepily clutches onto his shirt and rests her head on his chest.

Yukina: da...... da.... hn.... da...

Akiteru's heart flutters seeing at his daughter, adorably nuzzle his chest.

Akiteru: dada's here...

Akiteru sits on the sofa bed in this room and leans back, Yukina is on top of him and starts sleeping. Akiteru too, listening to Yukina's soft breath making him sleepy too and he eventually falls asleep with his daughter sleeping on his chest.

Riing! Riing!

Y/N turns off the alarm and gets up, noticing that the other side of the bed is empty and it's cold. She looks at the clock.

05.00 a.m

Y/N gets up and makes the bed before walks out of the room, heading to another room. The door of her destination is slightly ajar and Y/N pushes the door open, gently trying not to make too many sounds.

The moment the door opens, her heart feels warm. This early in the morning, she was given a beautiful sight of her husband, sleeping peacefully as he holds their daughter on top of him.

Yukina's head is resting on Akiteru's chest as she lays on her stomach. Y/N walks closer to the two and crouches down next to the sofa bed.

No matter how much she enjoys the view, Akiteru needs to get up now because he needs to go to work.

Y/N gently brushes Akiteru's bang to the side and then caresses his cheek.

Y/N: Akiteru san... Akiteru san... wake up...

Akiteru's eyes flutter and open, he was woken up by his wife's sweet voice. Akiteru meets eyes with Y/N who stares at him gently.

Y/N: good morning...

Akiteru's overwhelmed by a mere greeting and he nods his head, replying to her in a low voice.

Akiteru: Morning...

Y/N gently and carefully picks up Yukina from Akiteru and puts her in her crib. Akiteru wakes up and sits before standing.

Y/N walks closer to her husband and fixes some of his bed hair.

Y/N: thank you for taking care of her Akiteru san... you should take a shower... I'll make you breakfast okay...

Akiteru holds Y/N's hand and walks out of the room with her. Akiteru goes into the bathroom while Y/N starts cooking.

Y/N has already served the food on the table by the time Akiteru finishes dressing up in his work attire.

Y/N: Akiteru san... I made you a sandwich and juice... let's ea-

Y/N hasn't finished talking when Akiteru hugs her from behind and turns her head to the side so he could press their lips together.

When he pulls back, he sees Y/N's red face and he's very amused by this sight early in the morning.

Akiteru: I wish to sleep next to you until morning, but Yukina is just as cute as you are... and... she says dada... do you think she tries to call me?

Y/N could see that Akiteru looks really happy. She knows how much Akiteru loves Yukina.

Y/N: maybe... Yukina knows her dada will be around for her...

Akiteru hugs Y/N and buries his face on her head.

Akiteru: I'll be around for you too Y/N...

Y/N chuckles and returns the hug.

Y/N: yes... I know Akiteru san...

Akiteru pulls back and presses their forehead together.

Akiteru: I love you so much Y/N...

Y/N: I love you too... Akiteru san

Akiteru did his best to be a good husband and father...

And Y/N could see all of that...

No more digging into the past...

As Y/N and Akiteru are content with how things are right now...

.
.
.
.
.
.
The End

Thank you so much to everyone who read this story.

If you're new to my account and like this story, please check out my other stories as well, maybe you'll find another story that you can enjoy.

Have a great day/night
♡♡♡
K A Y N U