fourteen

"I'll be leaving with Yeri now. See your ass in jail Sun," Jungwon spat out bitterly before pulling his sister to follow him.

Chuckling lowly in response, Sunoo's eyes darkened as he pointed his finger at the Yang Twins. In mere seconds, both Sunghoon and Heeseung blocked the front door while Ni-ki pointed his gun at Yeri; his soft gaze now replaced with a sullen look.

"Walking out the door means you're jeopardising your future, specifically, Yeri's future," Sunoo spoke loudly before standing up from his seat.

Trudging his feet against the floor, Sunoo immediately straightened his posture as he towered over Yeri's height. His eyes shifting between the two siblings, holding sheer dislike for both of them.

"I'm sorry, but being in this rotten house is jeopardy enough for her safety!" Jungwon sneered as he protectively stood in front of his sister.

"You fucking brat-" Ni-ki uttered angrily, charging forward with his gun still aimed yet, he was held back by Sunoo.

Yeri bit her lip guiltily, unable to control her brother's harsh words. She understood why Ni-ki got riled up, noticing his sweet and innocent face change as soon as Jungwon criticised his home.

"Shall I reveal myself to the public then? Or maybe, I'll just rightfully take my crown! I'm sure Sir Yang wouldn't want that right Wonie?" Sunoo retorted back easily, his eyes tauntingly staring at the twins.

"Sunoo don't, Jungwon worked so hard for the throne, I won't allow a royal reject like you to get in the way of our lives anymore," Yeri suddenly spoke up, pushing her brother to the side as she jabbed her finger repeatedly on his chest.

Just like how he was his sister's keeper, Yeri was her brother's. Witnessing his frequent bruises made by their father to his many sleepless nights, Yeri didn't want all that effort to go to waste.

"What if I do? What are you gonna do, kiss me again?" Sunoo bluntly responded, causing a series of gasps and screaming in the background.

"Tell me what you want from us, just please don't touch the throne," Yeri seethed out impatiently, embarrassed at the fact Sunoo exposed their little interaction to everyone in the room.

Sending a mischievous wink at his boys, Sunoo smiled sarcastically at an enraged Jungwon before glancing back down at Yeri. The truth as  to why Sunoo was so persistent in stalling them was because of a certain call made by Park Jisung.

Moments before Yeri's breakdown and Jungwon's appearance, P. J had informed the blonde-haired boy that Papa had finally noticed. It seemed like Papa was after both him and Yeri, using both of them for whatever psycho act he had in mind.

In short, Sunoo wanted Yeri close to him in order to protect her. If what Jungwon said was true about Papa killing his Guards several years ago, then it was evident enough that Yeri wasn't safe at the Palace.

"From today onwards, you'll be staying here. Jungwon here can visit everyday as he pleases! It's a pity though, the distance from the Palace and this rotten household that is," Sunoo lazily said as he swung an arm around Ni-ki.

"Fuck y-"

"Fine by me. Just as long as Jungwon is allowed to visit and that you, don't interfere with the throne," Yeri uttered emotionlessly before facing Jungwon.

Sighing a breath of relief, Sunoo maintained his composure before sending a wink at Jungwon; who only frowned in annoyance at the gang leader. Nudging his head towards their bedrooms, the three misfits followed their leader before dropping their stance.

"What the heck are you doing?!" Jungwon sputtered out, looking at his sister as though she was insane.

"Go back home Won, I'll be fine. Father would kill you if you aren't crowned King," Yeri spoke softly before hugging her brother.

"I'll visit when I can Ri," Jungwon sighed before hugging his twin sister back.

Pulling away from their hug, Jungwon marched up towards Sunoo, who was judging the Yang Twins from the side. Rolling his eyes at their dramatic parting, Sunoo internally gagged at the fact he was a pure-blooded royal.

"If any of you touch or hurt her, I'll kill you with my bare hands," Jungwon seethed out lowly, seeing red as he eyed Sunoo.

"That is, if you're still alive Yang Jungwon," Sunoo fake-smiled before narrowing his eyes again.

Yang Jungwon knew it was more than a snarky comment made by the Lost Prince—it was a warning. Although he knew leaving Yeri with a friend-turned-stranger was risky, he had no choice.

Nowhere was safe for the Yangs, not even home.