thirty-seven

+

+

"Yeri, you're ball gown is literally all up in my face!" Jungwon whined as he struggled to keep the flowing tulle out of his way.

"You know what Wonie? You have been complaining A LOT these days!" Yeri fired back.

After much consideration, Sunoo decided it was best if he was within Yeri's reach that day. He didn't want another incident like Papa's death to occur again.

Hence, the reason why Yeri— or rather her gown, was taking up 3/4 of the backseat in the car (and was all up in Jungwon's face).

"That gown's everyone's enemy today," Jay chuckled from the front seat.

"Anyways, that Guard Jungwon called must really love him! She's literally going to escort you Royals inside herself," Heeseung exclaimed excitedly while driving.

Raising a brow at each other, Sunoo and Yeri narrowed their eyes at Jungwon in suspicion. Rolling his eyes while fighting with the white tulle, Jungwon groaned in annoyance.

"What Guard?" Sunoo questioned as he clenched his fists anxiously.

"You literally asked the girl you liked for 5 years, to escort us? That is by far, the only time you have ever initiated the conversation!" Yeri scolded her twin brother.

"Yes, I finally initiated a conversation with Jihyun about things other than work, and no Sunoo, she's not a bad person. Quit teasing and doubting me you irritating lovebirds," Jungwon rambled in annoyance.

Stifling their laughter at Jungwon's mini tantrum, Yeri lay her head on Sunoo's shoulder. As their view of The Palace grew nearer and clearer, Sunoo couldn't help but protectively intertwine his hand with Yeri's.

"Masks on everyone," Heeseung reluctantly said before wearing his own black jewelled mask made by Yeri.

As Heeseung slowly pulled up to the main entrance of The Palace, the tension in the car only grew heavier. Its atmosphere filled with worry and determination.

With their car door opened by the appointed chauffeur, their feelings only intensified more upon stepping out.

However, their hearts eased slightly upon seeing 3 familiar faces that reminded them that they would hopefully, be safe.

"Sunhee! Riki!" Heeseung sighed out in relief as he walked towards his friends. It wasn't too hard to recognise the height difference between both 16 year olds.

Meanwhile, Jungwon's personal Guard (& crush), Choi Jihyun, stood in position with a proud smirk plastered on her face.

"Long time no see, Your Highnesses. Might I boast, but you're much hotter after having rebelled Jungwon," Jihyun teased the taller boy.

"Jihyunpleaseletmebreathe-"

"I'm sorry to interrupt your little flirt session, but Yeri is literally garnering too much attention right now," Jay said as he gestured towards Yeri and Sunoo.

Shrugging her shoulders, Jihyun only waved off Jay's concern before sending a thumbs up at Sunoo.

"Don't worry, that beautiful ball gown she's wearing will be used in the main event. Just an added oomph to Sunoo's plan," Jihyun stated before leading the two former Princes inside.

"I still don't understand why you chose this heavy gown for me to wear. I look like I'm about to be married off instead!" Yeri complained about the white ball gown again.

With her arm linked with Sunoo's, the raven-haired boy only chuckled before leaning into Yeri's ear to whisper.

"Aside from looking absolutely stunning and being my Queen, you'll be our opening act my love,"

"The ceremony for the King's Coronation will begin shortly,"

With a sinister smile creeping up to his face, Park Dongchul faced Sunghoon proudly. However, the 19 year old boy avoided his father's gaze as he straightened his posture.

"If you crumble even the slightest bit up on that podium, I'm going to make sure your precious Jake Sim gets a good beating," His father sneered.

Placing a hand firmly on Sunghoon, Park Dongchul tightly squeezed the back of his son's neck. Almost as though he was trying to rip off Sunghoon's neck right there and then.

However, Sunghoon didn't flinch nor falter at the pain he withheld in his heart. The only reason why he remained expressionless was so he could protect Jake from his masochistic father.

"Yes Father," Sunghoon said bitterly as he faced the tall, brown mahogany doors.

Smirking at his son's lack of enthusiasm, Park Dongchul entered The Palace without another word. In that moment, Sunghoon was alone with deafening silence.

Within 5 minutes, he'd be walking through the tall doors of The Palace to celebrate his anointing of being King. With that time left to spare, Sunghoon was only filled with regret and hurt.

Why did you leave me, Mom? Why didn't you love me enough? Why is Sunoo first in line to be King, when I was your first born?

Just like Dad, I'm always your second option.

Even after death.

"Are you nervous?" A voice spoke up, interrupting Sunghoon's overwhelming thoughts.

Snapping his gaze towards the Prince who joined him, Sunghoon nodded curtly before looking away again.

"I'm just like my father, Jake. It's not even Sunoo's fault, but I seem to be blaming the person holding the same eyes as my mother. She died giving birth to Sunoo, he was just convenient to blame," Sunghoon uttered out his thoughts.

Though Jake realised Sunghoon's thoughts weren't in order, he pieced everything together. The once kind boy he met had lost the light in his eyes and warmth in his heart.

"You're not like your father, Sunghoon. Whatever love you have left in your heart, allow it to grow. It's the least you can do for yourself," Jake said before pulling Sunghoon in his embrace.

In Jake's arms, Sunghoon was reminded of the same love given to him by his 3 friends. For a moment, he felt hypocritical for thinking that way after having turned against them.

However, he couldn't deny the fact that despite blaming Sunoo for the past few years, he was his only family. So were Heeseung and Ni-ki.

"It's not too late to change Hoon,"

Park Sunghoon knew that deep in his heart, he didn't want to hurt his family anymore. After 11 years of being blinded by rage and resentment, he could finally see.

+

A/N:
ahem a filler chapter in preparation to brace yourselves for the NEXT one

also stream Tamed-Dashed <3