Chapter 2- Realization

Crap. How were you suppose to respond to that. "No, Why?" You asked lying. "Well there's mascara running down your cheeks." Riley said softly. "You can talk to me about anything, you know." She added. "Yeah, I'm fine, just got something in my eye ." You replied with a small laugh. "Ok...We should hang out later I haven't seen you in forever and I miss you!" That was sort of sweet, you couldn't tell if the offer was out of pity though.

  'She really cares about me'.

 I should respond. "Yeah, I would love that maybe tomorrow we could go to the park or something like that" Riley smiled and responded with, "Sounds like a plan, we could get something to eat if you want, my treat? Only because it's, you know snowing." That sounded fun, you were so caught up with wanting to do something with Riley, you didn't realize it was winter. "It's a plan just text me when." "Ok, nice shirt by the way." Riley said "Thanks," you said as you walked out smiling.

You sat back down at the table. Everyone's eyes were on you. It was extremely uncomfortable. so after you ordered your food you didn't speak for the rest of the night, and just went into your own thoughts, and mainly just zoned out.

(Italics are inner monologue)

'Why was I smiling after riley complimented me?  Was I blushing? Harper compliment me and I didn't blush then? WAIT... Do I have feelings for Riley? No. No. No, It's not possible. I mean she's harpers ex. But she is pretty cute. Ok, I Have to stop thinking like this. she's my FRIEND. And nothing else. There was no way she wanted to be more than that. F.R.I.E.N.D.S. 

My inner monologue was contradicting itself, and it was giving me a headache.

After dinner the ride home was silent. You pulled out your phone and texted Riley.

(conversation with Riley)

You- hey, can I come over later like we used to when I would sneak out

Riley- sure, why?

you- I don't think tonight will be good for me if I stick around.

riley- ok be careful, meet me at 3 in the old spot

you- ok, see you then 

read at 11:17 p.m

by the time your conversation was over your parents were pulling into the driveway.

"Night everyone." You said heading up the stairs. "Night," they all said. As soon as you got to your room you locked the door and started getting ready. You kept your clothes from that night on, seeing as you would just change soon enough anyway. After that, you scrolled on your phone until around 1 in the morning. at that time you decided to take a shower.

After your shower, you put on sweatpants, a hoodie, and slip-on vans. You grabbed a backpack and started loading it with water, cookies, goldfish, a blanket, a pillow, and a flashlight. 

After packing everything it was about 2:10. You decided to head out a little early. You slung your backpack over your shoulder, put on a beanie, and headed out the window. You were only on the second floor of the house so you just climbed down a tree and jumped. You were concemplating weather or not to leave a note. You didn't because you figured you be back by morning. 

a/n Second rewrite and I think its going pretty good so far, opinions?