Chapter 13- getting ready

Beep beep. 

Beep beep beep. 

I groggily got out of bed and shut off my alarm for way too early in the morning than to my likening but regardless it was for a good reason, to see Riley, and of course get my white elephant gift.

I got out of bed and headed to the shower washing the night before off of myself, after I got out of the shower I brushed my hair and put on some comfortable clothes I could just get ready in, as I was putting on my shirt I noticed something on my neck, a hickey.

Thoughts rushed through my mind of how I was going to hide this before I went down to eat whatever washed up, over achieving breakfast Sloane had made. I put concealer over the hickey as best as I could, the mark being barley noticeable unless you knew it was already there.

I headed down the stairs at around 8am dreading the scolding I was going to get from Sloane already. "Good morning sleepy head" Sloane snickered at me as soon as she saw me enter the kitchen, 

Sloane and her kids had already made pancakes so instead of starting another fight with this family, I begrudgingly greeted everyone good morning as if nothing had happened and grabbed a pancake off of a dish in the middle of the counter and a couple of strawberries and ate them right there without bothering to grab a plate.

I then rummaged through the fridge and got a cold water bottle and went back up to my room to start getting ready.I did my makeup and hair and then started to mindlessly scroll on my phone for a bit, well that was until I heard a knock on my door.

The knocks was quickly followed up with Jane saying, "Hey! So it's Jane let me in! I wanna talk to you!" She said in an excited tone like I was going to tell her everything about what happened last night as soon as I let her in. 

After I opened the door she pushed past me and stood behind me. "Sooo! Are you gonna tell me all about you know who last night!" Jane said practically squealing. "Are you seriously that invested?" I said thinking she was just joking about wanting to know everything. 

"Just shut up and close the door so you can tell me everything!" Jane said with a big smile on her face. I moved around to close the bedroom door and groaned as I sat down on the bed realizing she was actually going to make me tell her every detail. 

"Quit complaining and come on! I want to know everything! Especially about how you got that hickey on your neck!" She said standing in front of the bed and pointing to the mark on my neck which was now very prevalent now that the makeup had worn off. "Ugh fine you since you insist on everything, I'm sort of texting and like sort of dating Riley, you know the one Harper dated? And um yeah we sort of made out in her car yesterday until you interrupted.. oh yeah and I'm hanging out with her again today!" I said very quickly hoping this dreadful conversation would be over soon. 

"Oh my gosh! I can't believe it! I thought I was seeing things yesterday!?" 

"No I just um.. am very stupid. But yes that's the story now get out so I can leave and go get a white elephant gift. " I say trying to make Jane leave seeing as I still had to get ready and meet up with Riley in about an hour.

"Fine.. but I'm way too invested in this now, so you HAVE to tell me everything when you get back!" Jane said with a big smile on her face walking out of the bedroom door. I agreed with her reluctantly and decided to finish getting ready with my remaining time. 

A/n- hey guys... definitely not been forever since I updated this... I'm gonna try and be a lot more consistent now though 😭😭 but thank you to everyone who's read this book so far!! Especially the people who have been here since the beginning!