Chapter 4- Questions?

A/n italics are inner thoughts.

It was about 6:40 a.m. when I finally arrived back at my parent's house. I tried to sneak in through the window you came out of. But your room was on the second floor so unless you could fly you weren't getting through there.

That was until I realized there was a dead tree that I could climb up. Dad was supposed to cut the tree down but he got too busy with all his mayor duties.

Luck was on my side or so I thought.

Almost as soon as I started climbing up the tree someone spotted me.

It was of course, my mother.

"Y/N Y/M/N CALDWELL WHAT ARE YOU DOING? GET DOWN THIS INSTANT!"

I fell backward off of the half-climbed tree and landed on my back.

"Ow," I said and sat up and rubbed my head.

"Finally someone's home," Sloane said mockingly.

"Oh shut up Sloane," you said once you got in the house.

Yeah, I was stupid and screwed.

Mom whispered something to Dad. I couldn't hear what they were saying but it was most likely about me, based on the fact they kept looking at me.

"Y/N! HOME I WAS SO WORRIED ABOUT YOU," Jane said and ran to hug me.

As I walked inside Harper casually ignored the situation and said, "Hey, we're going ice skating do you want to come?" 

"Sure." I responded.

My phone started ringing so I quickly said, " hey, I'm going to go get ready see ya in a sec." And then ran to my room not waiting for anyone to respond.

Once I got to my room I answered the call it was Riley. 

Shit, I forgot to tell her I was leaving.

"Hey, what's up?" You asked.

"Hey, I was wondering why did you leave this morning."

"Oh, um I had totally forgotten I had plans." You responded

"Oh, ok well, uh I guess I'll see you later," Riley said

"Um, yeah I'll call you later though, ok?"

"Um, yeah sounds great." 

End of call

Did she sound happy at the end when I said I would talk to her later? No, I think I'm imagining it. I have to be... Right?

After my conversation with Riley, I quickly got dressed in a turtle neck, a baggy jacket, and baggy black ripped jeans, I then proceeded to grab a black beanie and get all my stuff in my pockets. I then worked on my hair and makeup while waiting for everyone else.

"Y/n!" I  faintly heard, Then went to go see who was calling for you. But before you could make it out of the door you were met by your sisters 'roommate' Abby.

" umm- we're about bout to leave, you ready?" She asked.

"Yeah just let me get my shoes on."

"Okay, uh- I'll tell them that," Abby said. She started to head out the door before she turned and said "nice outfit by the way."

"Thanks," I said and smiled at the compliment

I then put on my black converses, grabbed my phone, and headed downstairs.

"That's what you're wearing?" Sloane asked.

"Stop it, Sloane she looks good," Harper said scolding Sloane.

After that, we went to the car. Sloane and Harper were in the front seat Abby and Eric (Sloane's husband. I had to Google it lol.) Were sitting in the middle and me and Jane were sitting in the back of the van.

It was quiet until Sloane said. "So where were you this morning y/n."

Shit. What did I expect? They have me trapped I have to answer soon. What do I say I can't say I was out with Riley that would raise too many suspicions and arguments.

"I was at Walmart..."

Moron. Why would you say Walmart? WALMART ISN'T EVEN OPEN ALL NIGHT. YOU STUPID STUPID STUPID

You were pulled out of your thoughts when Harper said, "All night. You were at Walmart all night. Is Walmart even open that long?"

Could she read your mind? Was this girl a superhero?

"I was with her. We were searching for art stuff and lost track of time." Jane said protecting Me for some reason. "And we weren't there all night we just left early this morning." She added.

They all brushed it off while I mouthed to Jane, " thank you." She nodded her head.

By the time we arrived at the ice rink, my anxiety was practically gone and I was ready to have a nice peaceful day. and not think about anything stressful.

A/n sorry if its crappy. Stay safe and have a good day or night. Feel free to comment on anything.