Chapter 6- Drunken confessions

We both got in Riley's car and she asked, "Do you have any music you wanna play?" I went to grab my phone out of my bag.

I reached down and Riley's hand brushed against mine. I looked up at Riley she had a light shade of red across her face. I ignored the feelings running through me and continued to grab my phone.

You went to Spotify and just picked a random playlist.

The first song that happened to play was Brooklyn baby by lana del rey, we both just vibed to it until my phone started ringing.

"Oh, sorry someone might be dying, or just trying to scam me, Either way I have to answer it." I said as I paused the song.

"Hiiii, wait why did you call me?"

"Well-" your best friend said before you cut them off saying, "Wait- shit give me a sec."

"Are you dying or something, because I'm not coming 13 fucking hours to save you."

"No, I dropped something! Wait I'll just put you on speaker."

"Mkay... you ready?"

"Yeah go ahead."

"K, so, update on the show, jayjae and Emily fucked, rei-"

"WAIT, WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN? I DON'T REMEMBER THAT HAPPENING! DID I MISS SOMETHING?

"HAHA FOOLED YOU!  But anyways, what's that girl from your High school's name, you know the one you always said was really pretty."

"Why?"

"I wanna look her up y'know see what she looks like because of your track history I have to make sure their actually pretty."

"NO! AND HEY HOW DARE YOU!"

"Ugh your just gonna end up telling me anyways but whatever, I gotta go my foods here."

"What a McDonald's happy meal?"

"Yes, Actually."

"Ooo I found my chapstick I gotta go now byeeee."

"Bye!"

--------- end of phone convo ---------

"So, uh who's the pretty girl from High school?" Riley said knowingly with a smile on her face.

I sat there trying to decide what my next move would be. "Ummm no one" is what you ended up deciding on. Hopefully, Riley wouldn't look into it anymore.

We arrived at... what was not your parent's house. "Riley... where are we?" All she did was laugh "Riley? Are you planning on murdering me?!" I was getting pretty worried at this point. "No, why would I want to murder you? Were at my house."

Okay, so let's go over this again, Riley most likely knows I like her now, she took me to her house instead of driving me to my parent's house, and now I'm tipsy and supposed to be content, all while I'm going to have to not make a fool of myself in front of a beautiful girl, yeah somethings gonna go wrong.

"You gonna get out of the car or...?" Riley's voice shook you out of your thoughts. "Right, sorry, I'm coming" I grabbed your bag and phone and followed Riley to her door. She twisted her key in the door handle and all I could do was stare at her. After a while of twisting and fumbling the key around she finally got it.

"Ah ha! I knew I could do it!" She said with excitement and the biggest smile plastered on her face. "Great job!" I giggled.

You walked into her house it was pretty nice. The car ride made me pretty nauseous so I went to sit down. I headed over to her couch while she went to some other room.

"YOU WANT SOME WATER?" Riley shouted from the other room, which I assumed to be the kitchen. "SURE" I responded hoping the water would help with the effects you were already starting to feel.

She came back in a moment later with bottled water. "Here you go, babe" she mumbled the last part and all you could do was sit there trying to pretend like you didn't hear it. Riley cleared her throat

"So, uh you wanna watch something or just lay down?" She asked trying not to be pushy, although I could tell she wanted to watch a movie with me. "Sure, We can watch a movie." Riley, yet again, smiled widely. God, I loved that smile.

I was scrolling through what to watch when I came across a movie I  liked. If Riley somehow didn't know you were gay before this sure as hell was a huge indicator. "How about this one?" You asked. " 'But I'm a cheerleader'? Sure." I turned it on but started to feel nauseous again. "Hey Riley, what time is it?" I asked. " uhh, let me look.." she pulled out her phone and her eyes got really wide, " it's, uh.. 4:45.. in the morning." Well might as well pull an all-nighter I guess but also, you kinda wanted to watch the movie. Tough decision.

"Do you want to stay up all night or go to sleep?" Riley asked almost like she was reading my mind. "I don't really mind either way," I said. " How about we watch movies and if we fall asleep then we- you know uh sleep." She laughed. "Okay, sounds good to me." I replied. A few minutes into the movie and I was already dying of laughter, and so was Riley. She had made popcorn so you guys were just enjoying the movie eating.

Not looking at where I put my hands, you and Riley's hands brushed each other, I gazed into her eyes as she did the same to me. I leaned in ever so slightly. Riley looked at my lips and did the same. You were about to kiss, then all of a sudden you both heard her phone ding, you both turned your heads away and decided you would just lay down.