chapter three: heights

Yn's P.O.V

These past few months have been incredibly amazing.

There three of us basically grew inseparable.

There wasn't a moment where we weren't causing major havoc or just being absolutely chaotic in the best ways.

Larry had his license and he really liked driving around a lot, so we had plenty of wonderful adventures outside the apartment.

And on top of that, Todd and Neil were some of the coolest people I met.

They seemed really well for each other, and a relationship like that was always what I wanted.

I've never been in a relationship though, so I guess I really didn't know what real love was until I saw the two of them.

Especially growing up seeing my dad leave my mom like he did. I truly didn't have much to go off of.

They were really accommodating to me though, always making sure to include me and get my opinions and overall being great friends!

Larry was definitely the closest to me, even though I wasn't too good at opening up.

There were moments that just felt different with him. He really knew how to make me feel comfortable and cared for in so many ways.

He understood me too. It felt like we had known each other for so long, when it wasn't very long at all.

It was really late at night, Sal finally yawning and heading off to bed. "Don't stay up too long guys, we have to take Gizmo to the vet for his check up!"

Larry waved him off and wished him a good night, I smiled to him and almost jumped out of my chair with excitement.

We waited a few moments and watched the light in Sals room go dark. That's when we knew he was in bed.

"Are you ready?" He said happily. I nodded fast end we both hopped up off of the couch as quickly as possible.

We ran towards the door, giggling and smiling as the cool night air hit our faces.

We hopped into his car, putting on our seatbelts and almost speeding down the road.

This has been our weekly routine.

Every Friday we'd stay up as late as possible, until everyone else was in bed. Then we'd go out drive to the same spot every time.

It wasn't far at all thankfully. Maybe a drive less than a minute even.

There was a wooded area, and on one of the days we were walking around and having fun, we found this giant rock that sat higher up than the road.

It was so beautiful to watch all the cars drive by and listen to the wind rustling through the trees.

It was fairly easy to climb and we always would make it up pretty quick.

He went first though, because he would make it to the top, and help me up the rest of the way just by my hands.

I definitely didn't need the help, but he insisted until I finally gave in.

We stood up there together as the breeze shook the branches above us, making me shiver just slightly.

"You cold?" He teased, making me shake my head.

"It feels good" I smiled, seeing his face dimly lit by the light of the moon.

We stepped over to our normal spot, legs dangling off the rock, mine swinging gently.

He always had his one arm placed behind me, keeping his weight leaning in his arms. Not touching me or anything, but it seemed to be there as a sense of protection.