chapter seven: jacket

Sal's P.O.V

It was the next day, after the whole incident.

Larry was nowhere in sight though

It was just. Wrong of him to do what he did to (Y/N).

And I know he didn't sleep with the girl he was with, he never does when he's interested in someone else.

Larry is stupid with girls but he knows his boundaries at least.

He just has a habit of flirting with strangers, getting drunk a few hours later, and then passing out in whatever living room he's in.

At least he doesn't drink and drive.

I stretched my back out, the couch giving me an incredibly painful cramp in my back.

I let (Y/N) sleep in my bed in case he came home while she was still asleep. I know she wouldn't have wanted him to wake her up. That would be a really big mess.

I sighed as I saw Todd and Neils door shut, signaling they were also home and probably very asleep. But Larry's door was wide open.

As if on cue, the front door opened and I saw a very tired Larry stumble through the door.

"Hm?" He said looking at the couch "What the hell, you guys left me so early! I found Ash and she said-"

"Yeah I know" I interrupted. I really didn't want to hear his whole spiel about him finding the others and complaining about us being gone.

"Where's (Y/N)?" He looked around the room and peered into his own room as if she'd be there.

"She's still sleeping, she was really tired" I didn't want to say anything, it wasn't really my place to do so. "I let her sleep in my room"

He stepped over to my door, but before I could even protest, the door opened from the inside.

I made eye contact with (Y/N), her eyes puffy and a little bit red.

"Goodmorning sunshine!" Larry cooed and hugged her, but released when he realized she had her hands on his chest, slightly pushing him back.

"Can I just have some space. Please" she quietly asked and looked back to me. "Sal is it okay if I just lay down in your room for a little while longer? I have a headache. I just wanted to get a quick shower."

I nodded happily, and stood up as she walked and grabbed her shower needs.

She gave me a really soft smile and I waved to her as she shut the bathroom door behind her.

I made my way to the kitchen and grabbed a few aspirin for her, and a big glass of water with some ice.

Larry followed me, the biggest look of confusion on his face.

"What happened?" He was really concerned. "Is she okay, did something happen at the party?"

I was quiet and I turned towards him "Larry, just give her a bit. She needs time away from you"

Even I was still pretty upset about the whole situation.

Mainly just disappointed in him.

I walked her things into my room and set down the water and few pills on the bedside table, noticing black mascara stains on my pillow.

I didn't mind at all, Lisa knew how to get tough stains out so I wasn't bothered.

It just pained to know she was crying over all of this.

Larry looked almost lost as I came back out. I sat myself on the couch and he scratched his head.

I placed myself back in the kitchen and cleared my throat. "How are you feeling today?"

"Fine" he said "a little hungover, but... fine. Is she sick or something? Nobody like... tried to fuck with her last night right? She was safe?"

I shook my head and sighed. "Larry you had a girl in your lap last night. And she saw."

I saw his eyebrows furrow and then a look of realization hit him. "God... fucking damnit." He ran into his room and slammed the door shut with a bang.

It made me jump a bit and I was left alone in the living room.

It felt really weird. The atmosphere was completely out of the ordinary.

I made my way into my own room, just hoping (Y/N) would come out as soon as possible. I didn't want to be alone like this. With everyone... avoiding each other.

In a way it felt like I was being avoided as well.

Which I know was not the case but i just felt very alone right now.

So I picked up my phone and texted Ash.

And maybe (Y/N) will like some girl time when she feels better

***

"Hey, how are things?" Ash questioned as she set her bag down on the table, shutting the door behind her.

I shrugged and I stood up to hug her.

I always loved her hugs.

"Larry locked himself in his room, and (Y/N) is over in my room. She got out of the shower and seemed a little better." I stated, not letting go of her.

Her grip tightened slightly as she rubbed her hand on my back, almost making me shiver.

"Showers always help with pain" she giggled and sat down on the couch. "How are you doing?"

"I'm good"

"Sal," she raised an eyebrow, calling my bluff. I sat beside her and looked to her.

"I'm just. Frazzled" I chuckled and then sighed.

"Understandable" was all she said. She placed her hand on top of mine "Well I'm always here. And know that everyone else is too, even if things may seem weird"

Her smile made my whole day so much better. She knew how to get rid of so many of my bad thoughts and it really was reassuring.

Suddenly my bedroom door opened, making her jump and pull her hand away.

"Jeez you scared the shit out of me!" She said giggling and getting up.

(Y/N) had a small smile on her face as she reached out and hugged her back "I heard your voice and I wanted to see you" she said quietly.

They're so cute. I can tell they're going to be so close and that makes me really happy.

"How are you feeling babe? Did you get some rest?" She released the hug and (Y/N) nodded.

"I woke up with a bad headache but Sal took care of me" (Y/N) looked past Ash and she smiled at me. She did seem a whole lot better "I took a nap and then I woke up and heard you"

"Well you're so free to join us!" Ash offered, but (Y/N) politely declined.

"I think I'm gonna go for a little walk. I might say hi to my mom" she told, putting on a very familiar jacket. A red one.

Larry's red jacket.

We waved her goodbye and told her to be safe, but as she shut the door, ash turned towards me with a devious smirk on her face.

"You saw the jacket too right?" She pointed to the door, making me nod.

"She still likes him. Most definitely" I smiled under my mask as we both relaxed ourselves into the couch.