chapter eight: mom

SUPRISE EXTRA UPDATE

it's definitely a little shorter than the others but I'm DEFINITELY going to be writing another on immediately after this chapter so stay super tuned for a new chapter 👀👀👀👀

I love you all forrreall and I hope you enjoy this weird chapter!

Larry's P.O.V

I did as she asked. I gave her a good amount of space.

About a week or so felt enough.

We'd occasionally bump into each other alone and have normal conversation, but we didn't ever get back to the way we were before my stupid actions.

"Oh god what are you doing?" She giggled and pointed over to the stove.

"Making a masterpiece clearly! I call it, grilled cheese" I said proudly

"It's on fire, Larry"

Her smile made my heart so warm and I wanted nothing more than to walk over and lift her up onto the counter, giving her a small kiss on her beautiful lips.

"DONT question the chef!" I boomed, taking off the frying pan from the stove.

When all of us hung out, it was fairly normal besides me being able to hold her and gush about her like I usually would.

But that's all I wanted back. I wanted her again.

I paced back and forth in the living room, feeling Sal and Ash's eyes on me.

"I could buy her a bunch of chocolate. And maybe we could see a really good movie and I can give a present to her afterwards at a super fancy dinner? Do you think she'd like a big teddy bear?" I asked frantically.

Ash shook her head "You're overthinking dumbass. She'd probably hate that."

I started massaging my temples "I just want to let her know how much I appreciate and miss her!"

Sal crossed his arms and bummed "well, she was talking to me about it before she went to the store."

I looked at him and tilted my head "What? You gossiped without me!"

He laughed and shook his head "She asked me if i thought it really meant anything with that girl. And she didn't seem upset about talking about it at all. Just curious and... kind of understanding."

I squinted at him as he continued.

"I think her mom really helped her. When she went over, she came back a lot better and honestly seemed so much less upset." He explained.

That would make a lot of sense. With her dad no longer being in the picture because of someone else, I don't see why she wouldn't have gone to her about it.

She probably gave her really good advice to help her through the bullshit I accidentally caused. As a loving and caring mother should.

I need some advice.

"Uhhhh I'm going to go.. get the mail" I nodded.

Good job Larry, PERFECT excuse.

"Oh I got the mail when I came over today, you don't have to" Ash smiled.

Damnit.

"Well I'm going to... check for more mail....?"

They looked at me really confused, so I cleared my throat and put on my shoes so I could bolt out the door.

***

I knocked on the door and felt my heart start pounding in my chest.

Am I a dumbass? Showing up to my future girlfriends mothers house after I totally messed up with her daughter by flirting with another girl?

Yes.

Can I walk away now?

No.

The door opened and I was met with a really confused and shocked woman.

"Larry? What are you doing here?" She raised her eyebrows and looked around as if she was expecting all the others as well.

"Ms. (Y/N)'s mom I-"

"Just call my Shay"

"Ms. Shay," I restarted making her laugh a bit. "I would like some much needed advice. About your daughter. Your beautiful perfect wonderful amazing offspring named (Y/N)"

She shook her head with a smile on her face and opened the door more to allow me in "No wonder she's smitten. You're quite the interesting guy. Come on in, do you want something to drink?"

***

"So you're saying that I just need to... apologize?" I asked finishing my third cup of water "but what if that's not enough?"

Shay smiled and placed her cup of coffee on the coaster beside her "Larry, I didn't raise my daughter to hold grudges forever. She was raised with love and compassion. You respected her and gave the space to heal, and now all she needs is to hear that you acknowledge you've messed up and reassure her that it won't happen again."

"You raised her really well" I said smiling "I'm so excited to call you my mother-in-law. Can I start that now?" I joked, making her snort.

"Only if you fix what you have with her, then I'll allow it" She was a funny woman and I now see where (Y/N) got all of her great qualities from.

"I better get going, I've been gone for like.. an hour. I told them I was checking the mailbox." I quickly stood up and walked towards the door. "Really, thank you for everything... Mom...."

She stood up and jokingly brushed me out the door while laughing "Get out of here you weirdo, go apologize to (Y/N) and just remember treat her right, okay? She really does deserve so much. Make sure you give her that"

I happily agreed as she waved me goodbye and I headed towards our apartment with an extra spring in my step.

I knew exactly what I had to do.