#1

SEAN POV

I was sitting alone at the halte bus and it was raining heavily. The bruises on my body that I received not long ago started to hurt, making me wince every time I moved.

One of my guys had been stealing from me and all this time he had been working for my enemy. I knew something was off about him when I first met him, but my second in command, who was also my best friend Larry, recommended him, saying he was skillful and he trusted him because he once saved his sister. I couldn’t say no because at that time, I needed more men and also he seemed qualified.

When we found out he had been betraying me all that time, Larry was so upset and angry towards himself. I assured him that it wasn’t his fault, but he just couldn’t take it. He kept blaming himself and locked himself in his room all day.

Me and Larry had known each other since we were in diapers and he’d been like a brother to me. I only shared my thoughts with him and he was the only person I talked to informally. I wasn't the kind of guy to be ignored. When I talked to my men, they’d go silent when I entered the room. Respect filled their eyes and I needed that to make sure they knew who I was and that they wouldn’t dare to cross me.

But still, there had been someone who dared to stab me in the back and being me, I’d hunt the person down and I’d torture him until he begged me to kill him.

A few hours ago, my man found out who the ‘rat’ had been working for. It was Paul Fernando, one of my biggest enemies. He had always been jealous of my success. I guessed he wanted to find my weakness to destroy me. I was the most feared gang leader in this town and I mostly owned everything here, including the police, so it was natural that I had many enemies.

I went to Paul’s place with some of my men to teach him a lesson for trying to cross me. We shot everyone in the house, leaving no witnesses behind. When I reached Paul’s office, I spotted Paul himself and the ‘rat’ who had betrayed me. They both looked at me with fear and shock. I instantly went red with anger the moment I saw him. I punched him hard, making him stumble to the floor but he got up and started to punch me back. Paul just stood there watching the whole scene like the coward he was. I received some of his attacks and knocked his head hard towards the wall.

After the ‘rat’ was unconscious, I turned to Paul who was begging for his life. But being me, I never gave a betrayer a second chance.

“You know how I felt about people crossing my limit, Paul, but still you did it. Any last words?” I said as I pressed the gun to his temple.

“No, please Sean, I’m so sorry, man. Please, I’ll work for you if necessary”, he begged and I scoffed.

“You think I’ll have another rat working for me again? That’s where you’re wrong, Paul. I’m gonna make you an example to the others for not crossing me next time." With that, I shot him right in his brain.

Satisfied with my perfect shot, I was about to give the same lesson to the ‘rat’ but when I turned to where he was lying, he was nowhere to be seen. I scanned the whole room and still no sight of him. That son of a bitch escaped!

I groaned and punched the wall hard, making blood come out from my knuckles. I didn’t care about the pain I felt. I only focused on finding that ‘rat’ and what I would do to him once I found him.

I came downstairs to find my men dragging the dead bodies to the main room. I asked them whether they saw that ‘rat’ running away, but they all shook their heads. Now I got more angry. How could a house full of men not spot a bleeding man coming down here. I left the house telling them to go back without me. I needed to calm my anger because it wouldn’t be pretty if someone triggered my bad mood now.