#7

After class, I directly went to the cafe for work. I ran a little since my class turned out to be longer than usual. I just hoped I wasn't late this time. I cursed when the rain started to fall, making me speed up my pace. Luckily I got into the cafe before it became heavier.

I got changed and was ready to serve the lovely customers, note the sarcasm. The place wasn't that packed which was a miracle so I had a smooth day and it was even better because Laura was absent that day. I still gave her cold shoulders but she was too dumb to notice it.

Like I said the cafe wasn't packed so I mostly sat down and played with my phone. I only stopped when there were customers calling for the bill or needing a refill. I even got a chance to chat with some of the workers that I rarely talk to because of the busy schedules everyday. It was nice getting the chance to relax.

The only one who was grumpy was Mrs. Hardy. Since the place wasn't packed like usual, it meant that the income for today would be lower than usual. But luckily she was mostly at her office so we didn't have to see her frowning face all day and we all tried to avoid her at all cost. She was crazy if she got mad.

When my shift was done, I was pretty excited. I quickly changed and checked myself in the mirror a few times. Wait a minute, what am I even doing. It's not a date and here I am looking like an idiot. I let out a heavy sigh, grabbed my bag and headed to the door with my face facing the floor.

"Rough day?", I heard his deep husky voice making me jump a little.

"Sean, you scared me", I said putting a hand on my chest and he chuckled.

"Shall we?", he offered his hand and I took it gladly.

We walked hand in hand like a couple. I didn't mind actually. His hand was warm and soft unlike mine. I could see some girls we passed eyed him hungrily but Sean seemed like he didn't notice them. My inner self was smiling like a fool.

Sean brought me to a different diner and luckily wasn't far from the apartment so I wouldn't worry about going home late. A lady approached us and handed us the menu. They all looked great too with good prices. Why the hell I busied myself with cooking all this time when I could have these everyday? Dani was rarely home and it was only me eating at home.

"I'll have the fish chips and lemon tea", I said to the lady. I decided to limit my food with Sean. I didn't want to look like a pig in front of him.

"I'll have a coffee", Sean said.

The lady wrote it down then left me and Sean alone.

"No dinner?", I asked him.

"I'm not hungry", he shrugged his shoulder, his eyes scanning my face.

"So what do you do for a living?", I asked curiously. I needed to know more about this guy.

"I do business", he answered, his eyes never leaving mine.

"What kind of business?", I asked again.

"I own some night clubs around here, some restaurants and the mall in town", he said like it wasn't a big deal.

"Seriously?", I widened my eyes and he nodded. There was no joke in his eyes. He was telling the truth. Wow. He was freaking rich. Suddenly I felt insecure. I basically had nothing and he had everything.

"So how's school?", he suddenly asked.

"Well, just fine I guess", I shrugged. I hated when someone brought up school stuff. After that, there was an awkward silence until my food came.

"Here you are", the lady put the food in front of me.

"Thanks", I smiled. It smelled so good that I felt my tummy grumble in hunger. Just when I was about to eat, my phone buzzed loudly making the people beside our table looking in our direction. I could feel my cheek redden in embarrassment before I answered it.