Author's Note

So...on a scale of one to ten how badly do you guys hate me right now?

Because that was hard. Not just the cliffhanger but everything that came before that. I just about threw up writing it which is why I repeatedly emphasized the dark nature of this story. Not one part of this story was easy to write. It took a lot out of me because that's what dark romance does. That's what writing an anti-hero does. It's not easy and you get a lot of shit for it but that comes with the territory of writing something other than your average cliché, doesn't it?

I'm very grateful to have had so many new readers discover me. TikTok played a huge part in that and both my following and number of reads for Knox just about skyrocketed. It came with lots of good. Inevitably some bad. Writing on this app where readers can comment and pinpoint every last word you write is NOT for the faint of heart. I knew what I was getting into writing this and I don't regret it.

The entire point of this story was to reiterate the age old saying to NEVER JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER. How often did you find yourself being entirely off base about something? From the smallest to the biggest? Whether it was being wrong about Bruno Moretti (the asshole Mariana flirted with at the gala), assuming the worst of Knox not letting Maria work, thinking he was over exaggerating the hatred for her eyes, hating Felix for "being a baby" or "not getting over it" and so many others. And then in turn leaving comments in the heat of the moment, only to realize it was the wrong thing to say?

We do this in real life all the time. If we can do it over a book that's not even real, we sure as shit can do it in our actual lives to the actual people that are part of it. And no blame or shame. I've done it, and I wanted to use that to be better.

As a writer who's actually older on this app I've always found it was my responsibility to offer books that taught you about life more than anything. Too often we stumble across young and impressionable writers that glamorize the wrong thing because they don't know any better. They don't know life when they haven't lived it long enough. I've gone through it and made so many mistakes. And I never want to let it go to waste. Instead, I hone in on my flaws and darkness and try to create something out of it. Something that YOU can read and learn from and make sure you become better people because of it.

That means bearing my soul out there for everyone to see. To comment on. To insult. To judge. That means a lot of sleepless nights with a restless heart because thousands of people are picking your words apart. So as we learned in the novel to give others the benefit of the doubt and try and be kinder, let's apply that also to the authors who put themselves out there too. Be kind, guys. Above all.

This might have been your classic mafia story with the whole arranged marriage, enemies to lovers, dramatic story but I wanted to make it more deeper. Meaningful. Knox is "one of those" books yes, but I still hope it taught you something about life and people and I hope you use it well because you're going to need it.

Now, I don't want to go on and on sounding ungrateful. I saw the tons of positive comments amidst the negative. Recognition comes at a price, yes, but I'm grateful all the same. It was surreal to have my book pick up so quickly, to have so many readers bond and form friendships over it, to have new readers discover me and take a chance on my other books as well. Compensation came in the form of the hundreds of messages I received where readers expressed their love for me and my writing. To have so many people be so supportive of my writing is truly a dream come true. Who knew the 19 year old girl that wrote her first book on Wattpad 5 years ago would get here? Crazy.

So thank you. Thank you for reading this intense and borderline insane story and getting it so far. Thank you for reading all my works and binging and devouring the words I've been writing for over 5 years now. Thank you for making my dreams as a writer come true. I can only hope you guys will be able to hold my stories in your hands someday.

And speaking of books...what's next and when?

Felix's story will be the continuation of this duet. I've started writing it but am not actively writing it right now. If you don't already know, I pre-write my books  entirely before I start updating on Wattpad. It's how I'm able to update 3 times a week and never miss a day. So until I've competed his story I won't be uploading anything. I'm not sure when that is but I will be aiming for it to start updating anytime in the Fall.

I know we have a lot of questions and theories about his love interest too. Chances are, if you have a concrete feeling about who his girl is, you'd be right. That's all I'm gonna say.

Lastly, I know we have qualms about Axel and Alessa too. This was intended to be a duet for the brothers only but the high demand for Axel calls for some compensation. I'll be plotting behind the scenes and will do my best to conjure up the story you're eager for. No promises, but I'll try.

I'm going to do an in depth Q&A answering all your questions and inviting your feedback for Knox on my Instagram tomorrow. If you're not following me already and want any questions you have answered then follow me now so you're there for the Q&A. My handle is TheFeveredBookaholic.

The cover and synopsis for Felix will be up at the beginning of September. I'll upload it both on my Instagram and here, after the author's note, when the time comes. Keep an eye out for that. Teasers and trailers and aesthetics for Felix will solely be uploaded on my Instagram too, at least before the release, so you won't find that here.

And finally, to any new followers of mine, I do this thing on my Instagram where I hold a contest before the release of a new book and winner gets the first chapter as their prize! All you have to do is make an edit for the upcoming book and then I pick 3 winners. Do you want the first chapter of Felix and see what happened to him? Enter and you could win!

I'll stop the rambling here. Thank you again for what has been the most incredible experience of my life. In all my years on Wattpad I've never felt so seen and appreciated for a book and for that I cannot thank you guys enough. I'm so ready to give you Felix's story and I hope you guys will love my dark and broken hero!

While you wait for his story, feel free to read my other works and get your fix from there! Happy Reading :)

— Amber Isabelle