Bonus Chapter: Panic

Author's Note

In celebration of Amazon Prime Video's newest series Panic, I am thrilled to be teaming up with Amazon Prime Video and Wattpad to write this exclusive chapter that puts my characters from this story into the world of Panic!

I hope this chapter intrigues and inspires you to learn more about Panic. Visit the #PanicWritingContest on Wattpad for the chance to put your creative writing chops to the test and learn more about the show!

To find out more about the contest, prizes, and how to enter, check out the #PanicWritingContest here: wattpad.com/AmazonPrimeVideo

Don't forget to watch the series premiere on May 28th, only on Amazon Prime Video, here: http://primevideo.com/

--

DISCLAIMER: this bonus chapter is set in an AU (alternative universe) where Felix's friends are fully aware of his abilities, so please roll with the punches!

Not to brag or anything, but whoever's in charge of the prize money might as well write a cheque to me right now because I'm going to smash this game. No idea why I think the bagman would need to write a cheque, mind you; this isn't the nineteenth century. A bank transfer would be fine. Or cash. Anyway, point is, I've got this whole game of Panic down. Breaking and entering when you've got your dead sister as an invisible spy and confidant? Easy.

It's just a shame Jamie's out here killing the vibe.

"It's not cheating if I can't help it. I mean, it's--Hey, would you accuse a deaf person of cheating in a sign language contest?" I pause for dramatic effect. "No, you wouldn't. Same energy."

"Right... I'm not even going to bother explaining the sheer lack of logic behind that statement," Jamie replies slowly like the sarcastic swine he is. "And besides, you can tell Annabel not to help."

"You realise there's fifty grand at the end of this, right, Jamie?" Carmen chimes in with raised eyebrows.

I grin at her from across the table because yes, thank you! Jamie responds with a huff and an eye roll, but zero comeback. He never tries to argue with Carmen or Ava, and I've got no clue if that's a reflection on them, or on Tom and me. Probably the latter. We're idiots.

The upcoming challenge revolves around breaking into a house, then stealing something from it as evidence. It's practically made for me--well, made for anyone with a ghostie friend or sibling--because Annabel will be able to sniff out any obstacles before I can even risk crashing headfirst into them. The challenge commences this evening, so we've treated ourselves to a late breakfast in one of Carp's diners as we discuss what to expect later. If the Texans can do anything right, it's breakfast, that's for sure.

"Besdies," I comment with a shrug as I finish chewing on my pancakes. "I can't tell Annabel what she can and can't do. Female empowerment and all that."

"I'd rather see you struggle,' is Annabel's cheery response from the windowsill at the end of the table. "Would be funny watching you do something stupid that gets you killed, and hey, a bit of death never hurt anyone; I can vouch for that."

"Sh!" I hiss as if anyone else can hear her not backing my corner, the snake.

"What?" Jamie questions.

"She said stop being mean to me."

"As if."

This time, I'm not a total idiot, and shoot Annabel a glare instead of telling her to shut up. Master of deception, that's me.