Pixane Headcanons (on being a couple)

Ok, now some more relationship stuff ... My headcanon tells me that this nindroid couple is "different" in a few ways - but not so much that they wouldn't be relatable 😉.

While Zane and Pixal know, in theory, all about human sexuality, it isn't the same for nindroids (and possibly not of equal importance). So once they've established a physical relationship, I'd expect them to spend hours just cuddling and trying to find out what the other likes, without knowing exactly where it might take them.

Pixal is most confused about what might be expected from her as Zane's "girlfriend", and would sometimes ask Nya what human couples do together. Nya then reassures her that it's totally fine if her relationship with Zane is different.

Nya is pretty sure that Zane feels the same as Pixal, even though he's not as open about it. He must have overheard a lot of boy talk among his brothers and doesn't expect serious advice from them, but he might let slip something about his uncertainty in Nya's presence. She then tells him that Pixal is absolutely happy with the way he handles their relationship.

Saying "I love you" to each other still feels strange to them. But since "love" seems to be the human equivalent of what they experience, they may use these words in front of others to talk about their relationship. Among themselves, they prefer other terms (such as "being compatible").