Boots

It is finally safe. "Mother, are you really coming with me? I will be fine." I smile at him. "Minou, I want to go, please. You are finally given a vacation mission. I want to help things go smoothly, once it is, I will come back home."

He sighs. "Fine." I smile and hug him. With Eurig gone, and Armaros not showing up, it is safe enough for my family to come and go from Fairie again. The only one who might be in danger if he left, is Ailill. He has been staying in Fairie though.

We both know how dangerous that man could be. Besides, I am fine for now. He will gather his strength. I believe he is hiding in a pocket of space which is why I do not feel his magic at all. Either way, Minou will not be in any danger through him.

I have been staying in Fairie while getting Ash used to his new life. He has finally gotten to the point where I can leave him with the others. His older brothers enjoy playing with him. Now, I asked for a vacation for Minou. He has worked so hard all these years, and especially after having to deal with all the aftermath of Eurig's death and Armaros' escape.

We are currently behind an old building. "Well now, should I remain as is? Or change to blend in?" Minou smiles. "Two cats should easily blend in." I nod. Because it is his mission, I will do what he asks. Only if something bad happens and he is in real danger will I interfere.

Mainly, I came to help myself to calm at the though of him staying on his own long term. Of course, I could just come to visit every so often, but sometimes I get so busy that I have trouble finding the time.

"Mother?" I look down at the kitten before me. "Right, sorry." I wave my hand and soon, I too am a cat. We look even more alike now.

"Come on. I believe we are supposed to help one of the people who live here." I nod and follow him towards the building.

Father! Look!" I see a young man. He is handsome. Behind him stands an older man. He watches us as we walk nearer. "Cats?" I look up at him. Oh? He seems to have very faint traces of magic around him. Not his own, but, magic to protect him?

"Can we keep them?" I look at the young man again. His father sighs. "Go ahead." The son smiles and walks over to us. He squats down to pet Minou. "Alright, I think I will name this one Puss, and this one..." I stare at him. I dare you to try naming me something like Puss! His eyes meet mine and he blinks.

"I think I will just call this one Kitty." I walk past him. Good. If you had given me some kind of weird name, I would have had to fight you. Of course, not with magic, and in this cat form, but still, I would have won.

"Go call your brothers in." He nods and runs past us. His father looks down and shakes his head. "That boy is too soft hearted for this world." I nod. He is right. In a world where there is the possibility of running into bad people, he would not last for very long.

Oh, I wonder if that boy is who Minou is supposed to help? "Did a cat just nod?" I look up at him. Oops. Minou walks over to me and purrs. I realize he is telling me to blend in.

Sorry Minou! I blink at the man and walk past. As a cat, ignore humans if nothing else!

We soon get into our roles. It seems that boys name is Leo. His father is Gabriel Miller. Leo has two older brothers, but they do not seem to get along with him. He is not cut out for the kind of work they must do.

In our short stay here, I have noticed that Leo seems to do chores around the house, as well as cooking. He is very proficient in needlework too. I am often amazed by what he can make even with the scrap cloth.

Minou has a little coat to wear, and I seem to have a cloak. It even has a hood that fits well over my ears. It is quite nice.

"Puss! Kitty!" I walk into the living room where he is crouching with some meat in his hand. "Here you go." While Minou will go around hunting mice, I do not. Well, not to eat at least. I can paralyze them so Minou can have them.