Honesty

"Silvia, why did you call me here?" She looks at me and sighs. "I apologize, but I am really not sure what the best course of action is." I nod. "Well then, tell me."

  She nods. "Right. Well. The emperor of this land is very into...fashion? He loves clothes. He has a coat for every hour of the day. It makes this the perfect place for me to work. I have been settled here for quite a few years already."

  I cross my arms. "The problem?" She covers her mouth. "Sorry, the problem. There are a couple of men who have come to town. They have only been here a few days, but there are already rumors about how great of weavers they are. They can make the most magnificent clothes imaginable."

  She looks down. "They even say the clothes made by them have the ability to become invisible to any who are unfit for their position, or stupid..." I nod. "Ah... I believe I see where this is going." She nods. 

  "Of course, the emperor jumped at the idea of receiving these magical clothes. He invited them into the palace to make him clothes. I have a feeling though, that they may not be speaking the truth. I know, those of Fairie could do similar things, but I do not think those men had even a trace of magic in them." 

  She sighs. "So, I called on you. I have never actually done missions like you and the others. I tested for work with a business, so I go wherever I feel. This is honestly the first time I felt the need to step in for something."

  I smile. "Well, I guess it will not hurt to stay here a bit." She nods. "Thank you." 

  "Aunty Thorne! When are we going to play with Rune, Tat, and Ash?! I wanna play!" I sigh and look at the little boy sitting at a table eating snacks.

  "I am sorry Orion. We will go play after I have finished helping Silvia." He pouts. "Fine..." I smile and walk over to ruffle his hair.

  In the last several years, now family has been born and it makes me so happy. Orion is the first child of Roya and Anniki. At home, he helps to sprinkle the stars into the sky. Well, he does sometimes make pictures with them.

  He is younger than my own sons, but they all get along. I often take him to play. This time though, I was called away as we were heading home. 

  "You can help me work." He squints at me before nodding. "Alright!" I smile. 

  "Now." I turn back to Silvia. "I suppose we should go to the palace to meet these mysterious men." She nods. "Of course. I should still have access. If not..." She sighs. "We will figure it out." I reach out to hold Orion's hand.

  "Come on then." We follow her through town and soon arrive at the palace. It is quite large, and old looking. Not much else to say about it. It seems he really does not care to make it his own style at all. 

  Of course, this is only the outside. The inside may look different. 

  "Lady Silvia." She walks over to the guard. "We wish to go in." He sighs. "I wish I could, but the Emperor has ordered that you not enter. Apparently, if you do, you may interfere with his new clothes being made."

  I frown. "They know you by name then? From what I have heard, the emperor does not get involved in anything. To specify not to let you enter because his clothes, I fear those men are not going to be as simple as I had hoped."

  She looks at me. "What do we do then? You do not think they will harm him, do you?" I shake my head. "No, they may wish to steal though." I sigh. "You will not let us in then?" I look at the guard. He frowns. "I do not want to lose my job."

  He sighs and looks away. "Alright. I understand. Silvia, come on." I turn and walk away from the palace. "What are we doing now?" I glance back. "Patience." She sighs and we continue walking. Finally, we are far enough away to no longer be seen.