Wolf

"Alright, we made it." I look at a small cottage on the edge of the woods. "Where are we, exactly? And why is he here?" I glance at Flynn. "Peter is in need of a trip. He, much like his father, has been annoying the inhabitants of Fairie. They need him to find something to channel his energy."

Jackie has been too busy to look after this younger brother of his, so now, I must find a way to help. "We are here, to help a young girl. Her name is Phena, but most simply call her Red, or Little Red."

I lead the way to the cottage. "Why?" I smile. "Her father made both her and her older brother hoods. Her brother has a green hood, she has a red one. He used a bit of protection magic on them." Peter grins and skips ahead.

"He knows magic?" I nod. "He does. His wife and her family are wolfspeakers." Flynn nods. "I get to meet others who can speak to wolves?" I smile. "More than just speak, but yes." We finally reach the door and I knock.

"Just a moment!" A man answers. When the door opens, I smile. "Garalt Hood, pleasure to see you again." He smiles. "Felicity Thorne! Come in, come in!" He steps out of the way and allows all three of us to come inside. "Who is it, love?"

He walks past us to lead the way. "Felicity Thorne came, with her brother and nephew." I look around. "Oh, which ones? I do hope it is not Ailill again. The last time he came, he wrecked our whole house and almost convinced Robin it was a good idea to run away."

I smile. "Ailill is still unable to leave Fairie. Though, I do have one of his sons with me. Peter, meet Mrs. Hood. She is one of the people who used to help look after your father, to make sure he did not end up killing himself or others by accident."

She finally walks out of the kitchen, flour is covering her. "Oh, Peter. Nice to finally meet you. And this brother is, Flynn, if I remember correctly." I nod. They both go up to shake her hand, only to be pulled into a hug instead.

"Ah, they look like they have been growing up well." I nod. "Yes, we came for your daughter." She frowns. "Oh, what has that girl gotten herself into now?" I grin, shaking my head. "No, she has not done anything wrong. We came because I got word there was a rogue wolf in the woods bothering her."

She sighs. "Oh, him. Son of my brother, he is. Yes, he has been acting like a wild wolf. Funny thing is, he was normal just last family gathering. Now though..." She shakes her head. I frown. "Your nephew?"

I look at the boys. "Well then, ready?" I brought Flynn for his connection with wolves, thought it might possibly come in handy. "Oh, do you mind going along with Phena? I will be sending her to bring some baked goods to her grandparents. They are getting older, but refuse to move out here with us. The woods have been home to our people for generations after all."

I smile. "I understand." She nods. "Phena!" I wince at her loud call. Moments later, a young girl walks inside. "Yes mother?" She peeks at us, but does not say anything. "Here, bring this to your grandparents. Remember, no straying off the path, and no talking to others. Except for these three. They will be going with you."

She nods. "Yes mother." When she goes out, we follow. "So, you three are from Fairie, right?" I look at her. "Yes." She smiles. "I am the one who sent word of my cousin. He has been acting strange. I used to play with him, but now, he can be scary."

I look at her. "You sent word?" She shrugs. "I figured that the best chance at helping him, was to call people from Fairie." I nod. "So, who exactly are you three?" I smile, she was too young the last time I came, so I suppose she does not remember me. "Felicity Thorne. This is my youngest brother Flynn, and our nephew Peter."

Peter grins. "Are your family really Wolves?" She frowns. "We are Wolfspeakers. Mom and her family have wolf forms, Robin and I do not. At least, not yet. Mom says that I might get one in a few years, when I am older and stronger. Robin will probably not get a wolf form though, and just be like dad."