Key

"I hear that man married again." I walk by as people whisper. "His previous wives simply vanished." They continue as I reach a large house.

  "Well then. Time to meet the young bride and her groom." I walk up to the door and knock. It does not take long for a servant to open the door. "Can I help you, Miss?" I nod. "I have come to see Marie and Hinto."

  They look at me a moment. "What is your relationship?" I frown. "I do not believe that is of concern. If you will not even let them know they have a guest, I will just return home." I turn, taking a step before they call out to stop me. 

  "Wait. I will let them know a Miss..." I turn to them. "Lady Thorne." They nod. "I will let them know Lady Thorne is here to see them." 

  I wait. Actually, I came because there were traces of death here. 

  "Come in please." The door is opened again. "Thank you." I walk past the servant and look around. The traces are certainly stronger.

  "I apologize I cannot remain here to speak with you. I must go as there is urgent work to be done." A man walks past me. "My wife will be here, you may keep her company if you so wish." His hair... do humans have blue hair? 

  He is a human, unless his magic is too little, or he can mask it. "If my hair has frightened you, I do apologize." He turns to look at me. "Why would it frighten me? It is simply a color. You are not the first person I have ever met with colored hair." 

  I shrug. "Oh. Well, I should go." He frowns and walks out of the house. Hmm, I forgot to check if he had traces of death on him.

  "Excuse me, you came saying your name was Lady Thorne?" I turn to see a young lady. "Yes. You must be Marie." She nods. "Yes. I must apologize, I do not recall who you are." I smile. "No worries dear. I am simply a distant cousin come to check on you. I wished to be sure you were well." She frowns.

  "You come for money?" I shake my head. "No, I have more than enough of that. I came to check on you and your husband." She nods. "He just left." 

  "Yes, I know. Would you mind if I slept here? I will leave in the morning." She sighs. "You may stay for as long as you like. I will be having friends over while my husband is gone." I smile. "Thank you very much. I will not disturb you. You will not even notice I am here." She shrugs and turns to walk away.

  "One of the servants will show you to your room." I nod, though by now she cannot see. Tonight, I shall sleep. If anything happens, I will be alerted. Tomorrow, I need to begin my search for the source of death.

  I lay on the bed and close my eyes. This trip should be fine. After the last incident, I decided it would be safest to remain in Fairie for a time. Of course, I will have to stay there when the time draws near for the new birth. But with the odd memory loss incident, I did not want to chance anything going wrong. 

  Now, enough time has passed that I should not have anymore problems, an issue arose for me to deal with. Death is a natural part of the humans life, even those of Fairie die eventually. But, with such odd traces here, it is not right.

  Leaving it as is would prove dangerous for all who manage to get involved. I need to find where it is coming from, who caused it, and clean it up.

  This house is large, I must check every room so as not to miss anything. Marie called her friends and sister here to dance and have a party of sorts. It does make things a tad bit harder for me, but I will find the traces, even if I must check every human here as well.