Chapter 5

"Jeremiah. Over here. Now." Was all Enzo said and I knew this was about to be a long night.

Jeremy's POV

Why? Why the heck did I decide it would be a good idea to throw a party when I knew Damon and Stefan weren't too far. Now I'm going to have a sore ass and Enzo might be the one to do it.

I slowly walked over to Enzo, very much aware that my ass would be in danger the closer I got to him.

"So. You decided you wanted to throw a party." Enzo said.

"I'm sorry. I really am." I said. I was nervous not gonna lie.

"Listen, it's not really my house, even though I spend the majority of my time here. The fact that you had a party is not my main concern, maybe Damon and Stefan's, but most certainly not mine. The reason why I'm upset, and this goes to everyone here, is because you all know that there has recently been a lot of bodies turning up here in Mystic Falls and we're investigating to find out who or what has been causing this. All of you know that we are running around everywhere trying to find out what's going on, and instead of all of you being home ON A SCHOOL NIGHT might I add, doing your homework or at least digging around to see what you can find out, you all decided it would be a marvelous idea to skip your homework or investigation and throw a bloody party!"

I winced at that. He's right. I have not even touched all the homework they gave me all week, let alone what they gave me today.

"I asked to help and was told no..." I whispered with a slight whine.

"And why were you told no?" Damon asked stepping in. I internally shrunk.

I shrugged my shoulders silently. I didn't want to answer that because he definitely told me to do my homework while they were gone.

"Jeremy." He warned.

I groaned. "You said to do my homework. That since Stefan already finished his, he could join." I mumbled. My face was beet red from embarrassment. The group was still here and they were still standing around looking truly uncomfortable. Regardless to anything they've all been in this exact same position as me before so I know I shouldn't be this embarrassed but I still can't help it!

"And did you?" Enzo asked now. No no no no no! Why?? Couldn't you just leave it alone? I'm already in deep shit, I don't need to add more to the pile.

"He asked you a question." Damon said. I could tell he was starting to lose his patience, the little that he had.

"N-no. But I planned on doing it." I said. Which isn't a total lie. I did plan on doing it. Just not today.

"Everyone start cleaning up. I want this house spotless. Come on, move it!" Damon said. "You, come with me." He said pointing at me. I let out a slight whimper as I followed Damon upstairs.

"Send him down when you're finished. I'll be having a talk with everyone after they all finish cleaning." I hear Enzo say. Damn it.

Enzo's POV

Everyone just finished cleaning, Jeremy came down and also joined them as they were finishing up. Both Damon and I had everyone sitting down in front of us on the couch while we were lecturing them.

"Not only that but none of you had the bloody common sense to think about the danger it might be to have a bloody party that anyone could walk into. None of us really know what's out there and you're all walking around at 12:30am letting people into your home."

"I don't understand what the fucking problem is. It's not like we invited the entire town..." Tyler said in an irritated tone. I felt the veins on my face show up for half a second at the amount of disrespect I felt coming from him.