Chapter 2

Scott's POV

We finally made it to our new home. It was two days worth of driving and I've never been so exhausted. We obviously made some stops along the way to make sure the drivers had some form of rest, enough to keep driving.

They parked the cars and I parked the motorcycle. My smile grew instantly thinking about the life we were all about to begin together in our new home.

Everyone else ran inside while Derek, Stiles and I walked in slowly. You could tell they were already fighting about who gets which room by the way everything was rumbling in the house already. I chuckled and shook my head, turning to the two of them.

"I'm gonna go pick our room babe, before they decide to take over the one we want." Stiles said to Derek. Derek just laughed and nodded before placing a kiss on Stiles head.

Time flew by, it was already 10pm by the time we got the pizza delivered and unloaded the cars and truck that was connected to Stiles Jeep.

"Alright guys I'm headed off to bed." I said. We were all watching a movie but it just finished.

"Wait, actually we wanted to ask you if we could go out for a run." Liam spoke up. He's the youngest in the group and sort of has a sweet spot in my heart, which is probably why they told him to ask me instead of anyone else. Regardless of that I shook my head.

"Sorry Liam, it's getting kind of late." Liam immediately began to give me the puppy dog face.

"Please? We really want to explore the area."

I felt like caving in. They were all looking at me with puppy dog faces besides Stiles and Derek who were looking at me with that 'you better not cave in' look. I sighed.

"Guys I'm tired. We can all go for a run in the morning."

"Please Scotty? We'll be good! And we'll be back within the hour." Malia now has spoken up.

"Well obviously I'm not going to run but I would like to explore parts of the town." Lydia said with a smile.

When Stiles senses that I was about to give in he stepped up.

"Guys, no. Scott already said no and I don't really like the idea of anyone going out after dark in a town that we don't know yet. We have no idea what or who could be out there." Stiles said in a stern voice. "So drop the puppy dog faces and drop the topic."

"Scotty please.." Malia said again.

"I'm sorry, am I a wall? Did I not just say drop the topic?" Stiles asked looking bewildered.

Malia quickly dropped the subject and pouted. Her pout had a sour tone to it as she sulked back into the couch.

"That's not fair..." we heard someone say under their breathe. Stiles and Lydia probably weren't able to hear it but everyone else, with their supersonic hearing, did.

"What's not fair about it Isaac?" Derek said with a threatening look on his face. Isaac's eyes got slightly bigger.

Derek isn't really one to speak up in these situations, he usually hangs back and waits until someone needs him to take the reigns or if he feels like he wants or needs to step in. In this case, everyone in the group seems to be somehow included in this wanting to go out topic and I guess Derek is just trying to get a hold of the situation before it becomes an actual situation.

"I-I mean.. not that it's u-unfair but... I just.. umm..." Isaac stuttered out and then looked down.

"Let me make this clear for everyone who somehow doesn't yet seem to understand. You asked if you can go out for a run, Scott said no. You asked again, Stiles said no. Not only did he say no, he said drop the subject. So why are we all still talking about this?" Derek began to say before he cut himself off with something that was said quietly.