Chapter 3

Stefan's POV

Damon and I have been out all day and night trying to find where these new vampires have been hiding out. They've been murdering humans at random and now they have to leave. It's beginning to cause problems for us, drawing attention to who we are.

We left Jeremy at home alone, hopefully he's not causing any trouble.

I pulled my phone out to check in on him.

"Hey Jer. How's everything at the house?" I asked.

"Everything's good. Uh... When do you guys get home again?" He asked. I can tell by the sound of his voice that he's a little nervous or something's going on.

"Why are you asking?" I asked with suspicion laced in my voice. I looked at Damon who was staring at me with curiosity. I simply just shrugged.

"Uh.. no reason. I just wanted to wait up on you guys." I scrunched up my eyebrows.

"Uh huh... well alright then. We should be home around 2 or 3am if everything goes well. We're following a lead that we believe is actually accurate. So don't wait up Jer."

"Okay Stef. Goodnight!" He replied sounding slightly relieved. I wonder what that was about.

Damon and I continued following the new lead on the sudden deaths happening around town but came up empty.

It was now 12am when we began heading home. When we were only a mile away from our home we heard a faint sound of music with our enhanced hearing. Damon and I glanced at each other and we both knew what was going on immediately.

"I'm going to kill him" was all Damon said before speeding home. I took a deep breath and hoped that it wasn't as bad as I was thinking so Damon doesn't break the kid's neck, and ass at that. I sped home so I could prevent any bloodshed.

When I arrived I was a few seconds behind Damon. And oh God I probably should've been here a little faster to stop him from going crazy on the entire student body of Mystic High. I shyly waved goodbye to some of the students I recognized that were currently being thrown out of our home.

As everyone kept exiting, I realized that our 'crew', this being Caroline, Elena, Bonnie, Matt, and Tyler (not including Alaric and Enzo) were all here. Some of them tried to sneak away but Damon stopped them all in their tracks.

"Where the HELL do you think you're all going?!" He asked. They all stopped moving and quietly turned around. "Who's grand idea was it to allow Jeremy to throw a party in MY house?!"

"Hey! I'm old enough to make my own choices. And I'm sure as hell a lot older than all of them!" Jeremy yelled out in a fury. Uh oh. That's not going to end well.

"Then why the hell don't you start acting like you are?!" Damon yelled back. He took a deep breath when he realized he was letting his anger get the best of him. I saw the crew shifting from foot to foot uncomfortably.

Right then and there Enzo walked into the house as if it were his own. Might as well be, he's always here.

"Hey! What's going on? Family meeting I didn't know about?" He asked with a smirk on his face. The smirk quickly went away when he realized the tension in the room.

"Who's ass do I have to beat?" Enzo questioned as he eyed all of the worried looks in the room.

Enzo is like the fun and crazy uncle/older brother to all of us except Damon and Alaric. The three of them are like the older brothers that you do NOT cross under any circumstances. But we all know from experience that Enzo is the last person you want to 'handle' you.

"Hello? What's going on? Am I not talking to all of you? What the hell is happening and why do you all look like you did some shit you weren't supposed to?" He asked while crossing his arms. He eyed everyone, me included, which for some reason made me feel like I did something wrong.

He turned to me and his eyes narrowed. I knew how much damage Enzo could do to my ass so I quickly blurted out, "I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING I SWEAR! YOU CAN ASK DAMON, I WAS HELPING HIM TONIGHT!" I mentally slapped myself. I can't believe I let myself sound like such a coward.

Enzo turned to Damon and saw him narrowing his eyes at Jeremy while holding his silence. You can see the patience in Enzo starting to chip away fast.

The thing is, this is the dynamic within our group. Damon is the overprotective older brother of both myself and Jeremy but he's also very protective of everyone else in the group. Enzo is like Damon's older brother as well as everyone else under Damon. And Alaric is really the "oldest", not if you look at it in vamp years though, he just acts older as well. But right now, Enzo would have no problem whooping anyone's ass in the room. Not even Damon's.

"Everyone in this room has about TEN SECONDS to tell me WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?!" Enzo exploded. We all jumped slightly.

"Go ahead. I'm waiting too." Damon said calmly. We all knew that Damon's calm is usually a storm brewing.

Bonnie was the first to break. "Okay fine! The boys all decided they wanted to have a party. We were going to have it at the Lockwood's but there was an event being hosted tonight. Jeremy suggested this place. Elena warned all of us what could happen if we did. None of us cared enough at the moment so we all came here and had a great time until you showed up and were a complete dick." She said, with slight venom in her words directed at Damon who she still didn't like 100%. We all know they love each other but we also know that she still doesn't like certain parts of him so the venom in her words was sort of understandable.

Enzo zoomed in front of her and quickly popped her on the mouth. "I know you and Damon don't get along all the time but you need to respect each other. Watch your mouth before I break it and spank your bum with the paddle I used on you last time you couldn't control that mouth of yours. Am I clear young lady?"

"Yes sir." Bonnie replies quietly while covering her mouth and tears escaping her eyes. I know Enzo didn't use his full strength, he only used his human strength. But I know for sure that hurt her just the right amount.

Enzo nodded once and turned away from her.

"Jeremiah. Over here. Now." Was all Enzo said and I knew this was about to be a long night.

A/N: Hey beautiful people!! It's been a looonnggggg minute but IM BACKKKKKK.... sort of! I start school up again in like 2-3 weeks so I will most definitely get more busy. Hopefully I'll update a little more frequently 🥴. Please comment and vote! It's really what motivates me. I love hearing what you guys think and how it all makes you feel so keep it coming! Thank you my loves ❤️✌🏽 See yah next time! Love yah!