Chapter 4

Liam's POV

I'm so happy to have a room all to myself! When I got to my new room I quickly texted Malia.

Me: Hey!

Malia: Yo!

Me: Want to go on an adventure?

Malia: What do you have in mind? 😈

Me: We could go for that run that we wanted to go on earlier. I got my own room now so it'd be easier to sneak out without having Scott breathing down my neck.

Malia: oh damn! That's perfect! Let's go.

Me: alright meet me in an hour. I think by then everyone should be knocked out.

Malia: okay see you at 11:30pm 😈

I got a nice outfit picked out even though we're going for a run, I want to make sure that I look good after we turn back into our human form. Who knows what the night may bring.

Stiles' POV

Derek and I were cuddling on the couch watching another movie. We had yet to go up to bed. I'm glad that we sent the kids up to bed early because now I feel like we can spend some time together alone.

"This is crazy." I said quietly.

"Hmm..." Derek hummed while rubbing circles through my hair. My head laying on his lap. "What's that?"

"Just... this whole thing... Being away from our first home. Living together. Being responsible for 6 other teenagers, not including the three of us...... Do you think we can do it?" I asked looking up at him. He kept rubbing my head and sighed.

"Of course I believe we can. We're a good team. They're good kids, they just need a firm hand sometimes. And depending on the situation, the three of us know when to step in." Derek said.

I nodded my head and closed my eyes with a smile on my face. Genuinely content with the situation and the ability to know that I have their support. I love my family.

Derek leaned down and gave me a small kiss on the forehead and then on my lips. The kiss turned into something much more. Something passionate.

"Let's go to bed." Derek said. I smirked and headed up the stairs with my beautiful man.

As we headed upstairs I heard a sound coming from the guest bedroom. My eyebrows scrunched up and I immediately became protective. I quickly turned to Derek because I know that if I heard something he definitely heard something as well. I hope we don't have an unwanted visitor in the house! Where the heck is my bat??

Derek and I walked over to the guest bedroom confused and to be honest a little bit worried. Derek opened the door and there was no one there. We scrunched up our eyebrows. That makes no sense. We heard something. I heard something. Didn't we? Didn't I??

"What was that?" I asked Derek. He looked just as confused.

"I guess it wasn't anything. Let's check on the kids just to make sure nothing unwanted came into the house." Derek said. We turned around and just as I turned I noticed out of the corner of my eye the window was open. I quickly stopped moving. That was definitely closed when we moved in. I remember because I was the one who closed it.

"Derek wait. The window is open. It wasn't like that earlier today." I quickly moved to the window to look outside but I didn't see anything. This is weird. Something's off.

Derek sniffed the air and his eyebrows scrunched up. He moved quickly without saying a word. I got confused and worried again not knowing what he just smelled.