𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐢𝐫

A certain ruby-eyed teen had been trapped in the confines of his bathroom as he oh so desperately tried to comb his gravity-defying hair down. His efforts were to no avail as he finally slumped down to the floor in a defeated position. His hair, no matter how much effort he put into making it stay down, would still not obey the laws of physics. It was a bit ironic since he, himself knew those laws pretty well. He had used every solution known to man and it still did not work. The only thing that would keep it down was water, but Senku knew better than to enter the school premises with damp hair on purpose.

Finally, the young scientist gave up and exited the marbled room. Today was the sports festival, an event that Senku had not even a millimeter of interest in. His friend Taiju, however, made it his goal to participate in every sport possible. Oki Taiju, to say the least, is a very active adolescent. Senku could barely keep up with him in terms of physical endurance. If not for his companion, The ruby-eyed teen would not have batted an eye and skipped school then and there. He already had an interesting topic he wanted to research, and the sports festival was only hindering his progress.

Donning on his uniform along with his signature lab coat, he grabs his bag and went on his way to school. The walk was pleasantly silent for Senku. Sunshine covered everything in sight as he grips his books, keeping his lazy pace. The ruby-eyed teen always loved the walk to school. He had made it a habit to get up early and proceed with his day first thing at dawn. At exactly 4 am, Senku would leave his home and head straight to his destination. May it be the weekend or otherwise, the young scientist was always strict with his daily routine.

His reason for such an early start was the silence it gave him. The male had little time to take care of his own thoughts since the majority of his brain cells were used for mental math, hypothesizing, critical thinking, and more things of a similar caliber. At the small time-space of 4:00 am to 4:30 am, the ruby-eyed teen would walk to school and contemplate his life. Whatever thoughts he would conjure up were a mystery, even to himself. He'd surprise himself at times when he ends up considering illogical things such as romance to be involved in his life. But hey, he was a growing teen that had little experience with it, cut him some slack.

His routine continued flawlessly. The few people who were awake passed by him as they jogged on to their next destination.

The peaceful silence was cut short as the sound of a bicycle bell ringing hit Senku's eardrums. The male swiftly turns around and saw a familiar face riding the source of the noise. Senku smirked. The mysterious rider gave one back, giving the ruby-eyed teen a cheeky wink before speeding past him. The young scientist eyes the unnamed person as he sped through the neighborhood. Senku took note of his straight (h/c) hair that seemed to shine under the sunlight. He'd be lying if he said he wasn't a tad bit jealous of how seemingly effortless it was to keep it that way for the male.

Senku did not know the name of that acquaintance of his. They never spoke, nor were they introduced formally. The biker would pass by Senku without fail at exactly 4:17 am. Sure, the two would subtly try to get the other's attention, but that was it. No "Good morning" or "See you at school". It would be an understatement if he were to say that he was curious about this person. What was he like? What type of person was he? Why go to school so early as he does?

His questions were endless, but he didn't let them take over. He was already two minutes late behind schedule, and so he quickens his pace a bit.

Unsurprisingly, the school was empty. Well, except for some staff who were getting everything ready for the festival. It took Senku a bit of effort to climb the steep stairs of his school and enter the science lab. Now, he pushed the unnecessary thoughts aside and focused on his work. As expected, time passed by quickly as his brain focuses. Today, no one would come inside of the room with the usual "Hey prez." greeting. Senku once again shrugs off his thoughts as he glances at the window revealing the school halls.