𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐚 𝐟𝐥𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝

The orange sky flocked with birds gave you a calm feeling as you entered the gates of your home. Butlers and maids made an effort to greet you and help you with your things. You gave them your thanks and proceeded to enter through the large oak door filled to the brim with intricate carvings. You took your precious time inspecting it before ultimately opening the door.

You were greeted by your brother's enthusiastic face being shoved in front of you. "You're home later than usual." He notes as he grasps your shoulders. You chuckle, "I went to a sushi place with friends, Ryusui."

"Oh? And you didn't bother bringing some home for your dear older brother?" He teases. A roll of the eyes came from you as you opened your bag and offered him a small box. "Some uramaki, just the way you like them."

Ryusui stops in his tracks and stares at the box, ultimately muttering a thanks. He wasn't exactly expecting that.

"Good evening, Francois." You greeted the butler, and they gave you a curt nod in response.

"I'll be in my room studying." You tell Ryusui, who was already munching on the sushi.

The blond heir looked at the door to his adoptive brother's room, wondering who he might've spent his time with. Ryusui knew his brother to be uptight and someone who rarely hung out with people outside school. He was happy that, for once; you were enjoying yourself.

"Good luck with exams, (N/n)!!" Ryusui yells, which didn't go unnoticed by you.

"Thanks." You murmur, a ghost of a smile making its way to your face.

Without doing so much as changing your clothes, you plop down on your bed and stared at the beige ceiling. The lights were dimmed, which you preferred. The room was quiet, void of any sound aside from the white noise that came from the rain. It was peaceful.

Trailing your eyes back to your desk, you sighed. Hanging out with your friends did, in fact, lighten up your mood. But that did not help with the fact that you were still mentally exhausted.

Senku was right. You needed to learn when to take breaks.

Your actions contrasted your thoughts as you inevitably made your way to your desk that had countless books stacked onto it.

The fact that you had brought some books and did some studying in the sushi place wasn't enough. If possible, your grades need to be no less than perfect. It would be ironic if you weren't able to live up to your title as "President Perfect", no?

A little over an hour of studying had passed, and you could hear your phone buzzing. A puff of air came out of your nose as you took it to look at the caller ID.

You almost dropped it when you saw Senku's name on your screen.

With your heart going a thousand miles an hour, you press the answer button, "Hello?" You greet.

"Hello, did you-" You could hear Senku coughing a bit before continuing, "Did you get home safely?" He asked. You nod, even though you knew he couldn't see it.

"Yeah, I did, but are you okay? You sound horrible." You leaned back in your chair before pausing. Yeah, maybe you were a bit too blunt in that sentence. "I mean, you don't sound horrible. You just sound like you're sick."

Way to go (Y/n).

You could hear Senku chuckle, "Mhm, it's just a cold."

"A cold?" You rhetorically asked as your eyes traveled to your window, seeing that the rain was still pouring even after an hour passed of you studying. Worry and guilt settled as you remember that you could have offered to walk home with the scientist, but scrapped the idea since you wouldn't want to bother him.