𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐀'𝐬

Senku now knew why your name was so familiar to him.

"Damn, you placed first this time?" Taiju asked in awe, amazed at how intelligent his friend was. There on the bulletin board, the rankings were posted along with the names. Written in bold letters, Senku read the name that was under his.

Nanami (Y/n)

Originally, it had been placed above his during the previous months but for some odd reason, the young Nanami had dropped one place. You had been the only student capable of surpassing him in terms of academics. It started last year, the time you transferred in, when the young scientist got frustrated when he placed 2nd in the rankings. Usually, things like those didn't bother him, but he got so used to placing first that he actually started doubting himself when he didn't. Now, you and the ruby-eyed teen would take turns taking up the first place.

"With the amount of stupidity you put yourself into, I'm surprised your brain cells are still able to maintain your grades."

"Oh shut up, Hashimo. My brain cells are perfectly capable individuals."

The young scientist overheard your conversation as he turned towards you, raising his eyebrow. Based on your small exchange with Hashimo, his assumptions were right. You were quite the troublemaker. Crimson eyes meet with (e/c) ones. Your lips curled up into your signature confident smirk.

"We meet again. My, this must be fate." Walking over to the young scientist, you put your arm around him and ruffled his hair. "(Y/n), let the poor boy go." Hashimo, for the second time this week, pried you off of Senku as you tried to wriggle back into your position of embracing the young scientist. "We literally see each other every morning when you're on that bike of yours." Senku states as he finally escaped from you, a sigh of relief escaping his mouth. Taiju perked up when he saw you, "Hi (Y/n)! That was a good game back at the sports festival!" The brunette says, clearly referring to the basketball game you participated in.

Grinning at the tall brunette, you raise your hand for a high-five which Taiju immediately gave. "You weren't so bad yourself!" Your small compliment made his eyes light up in glee, saying his thanks. Returning your attention to the crimson-eyed teen, you gave him a grin, "And you definitely surprised me! All of a sudden getting second place when you barely knew the sport! My, I wonder what type of handsome young man had taught you the ropes."

Senku rolls his eyes at your comment, brushing off your arm that was placed around his shoulders. "The handsome young man you speak of is named 'The Laws of Physics'. Maybe try to read up on him since I've noticed your grades in science have significantly dropped." And without another word, the young scientist had coolly turned around and headed to the science lab, leaving you with a flushed face as embarrassment sunk in your system. Hashimo just chuckles, amused at your unusually red face that's definitely out of character for you. The (Y/n) he knew would just think of a sassy remark and be done with it.

"You forgot to ask him to tutor you." Hashimo reminds as he watched the retreating figures of Taiju and Senku, noting your (e/c) eyes widening out of surprise. "What gave it away?" You ask, making your blond friend raise an eyebrow in amusement. "Nothing did, it was just a bluff. You're even more of an idiot than I had realized." It was Hashimo's turn to smirk as he glanced at your now flushed face. "Shut it or I swear to our lord and savior, Jesus Christ, I'll fucking invert your rib cage." Hashimo just ignores your obscene threat and pulls your back collar, dragging you back to the office. Your friend ignored your cries of objection as he sighs, "We still have a meeting with the other council members before class so get your lazy ass straight."

"I can't my butt is too curvaceous."

Hashimo just looks at you with an unimpressed look. You chuckle and finally compose yourself, fit enough to be worthy of the title of student council president. "I must say, your alter egos really have a huge contrast." The blond says as he watches you dust off some invisible dirt. "As the son of the owner of the Nanami conglomerate, it is only proper that I present myself with the utmost poise and grace." With a fake British accent, you fix your already straight hair. Hashimo, once again, looks unimpressed. "Nevermind, you never take anything seriously."