𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧, 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐜

[TW: somewhat sexual themes near the end, not smut tho :P]

The smell of grilled meat entered your nostrils as your stomach begins to growl a bit. Yuzuriha heard and chuckles at your childlike excitement, "Settle down boys, it's almost ready." The brunette says with a smile as she continues to grill the said meat. Kouji sighs and stretches, a bit fatigued from swimming from morning until the afternoon. The same couldn't be said for you, seeing as you did have a routine of working out everyday.

"Hah, seriously (Y/n). Is there even anything that you can't do?" Taiju is still in the process of catching his breath as you beat him and Hashimo on a two versus one match of beach volleyball. A slight snicker was your only reply as your eyes landed on a certain crimson eyed teen who seemed to be asleep.

Senku leaned on a coconut tree as he lightly snored away. It was cute to you, and ultimately caused you to sit next to him beneath the shade of the tree.

You noticed how his hair grew a bit longer since the last time he cut it. The way it framed his face made him look even more handsome in your eyes. As you examined him, you failed to notice the four pairs of eyes watching your every move. Your friends looked at each other and sighed, wondering what was keeping you two from dating.

Lunch finally rolled around once Yuzuriha was finally done grilling everything. There was one problem though.

Senku had fallen asleep on your shoulder, and you'd be damned if you were to wake him up right now. The guy looked extremely peaceful and you didn't want to have that taken away from you. It was rare to see Senku so relaxed, after all.

Hashimo sighs and face palms at your current predicament. "Of all the things to worry about today, you chose this..." The blond pinches the bridge of his nose and just gave you a tired smile. "I'll let you do what you want, but I suggest you wake him up. Wouldn't want you and your favorite scientist to miss lunch now, would we?" He teased and finally went over to everyone, ultimately sitting next to a not so obviously flustered Kouji.

Dang, if only you were as good as Kouji when it came to hiding your feelings.

Not a moment passes, and you could already feel Senku stirring in his sleep. You curiously look over and your breath hitched.

The crimson eyed teen was looking right at you, only inches away. His gaze was tired, confused even. It made you chuckle. Maybe he had trouble processing things when he just woke up?

"Rise and shine, sleeping beauty." You tease, earning a yawn from Senku. Your mouth contorted into a half smile when you saw him looking around.

Senku's eyes landed on everyone already eating their share of food. He then looks over to you, seeing that you have your arms crossed. You raise an eyebrow, "Is you head finally out of the clouds?"

The crimson eyed teen simpers and nods, "More or so." He replies.

"Well..." Your voice trailed off as you uncrossed your arms, "You up for lunch?"

Senku nods, stretching his body in the process.

Both of you made your way to the table, making Taiju call out your names.

Suffice to say, lunch had been quite uneventful. Before you even knew what hit you, it was already night time. Everyone went and made their way to the cabin. You laugh when you saw that Kouji's assumption of the cabin being air conditioned was right.

Yuzuriha and Taiju decided to turn in for the night despite it still being a bit too early for sleep. The cabin had 3 bunkbeds, so it was perfect for you.