Chapter 36

Chaeyoung's POV

"I'm sorry, what? I didn't get it? You can't divorce my Mom? I can't get what you are saying," I dumbfoundedly said.  "Are you saying that you are married?"

Claire nervously looked at me and released tears. I think she realized that I'm not joking, that I'm not playing with her. She cleared her throat and composed herself.

"Yes, we are secretly in love with each other for so long and one night, everyone got drunk and we kissed, I didn't know that our feelings are mutual until we decided to marry each other to make it more exciting. She asked me to marry her, but after the wedding we went back to the party. And we are about to go home when Charles saw us entering a cab and said that Chloe's parents ask him to take her home. Well I have no choice but to say yes," She started to play with her nails, she's like me when I'm nervous.

"And the next day, I feel like she played me because she told me that something happened to them. Charles lied to us, he didn't take chloe home, instead he took her home. She told me that it was a mistake because she thought that it's me. When did I have that thing that man has? I thought everything was real, she beg for my forgiveness and tried to prove her love but the news that she's pregnant slapped me. It supposes to be our honeymoon." Claire sobbed as she tries to step near me. "But it's also my fault, I let it happen when I know that Chloe is drunk and Charles always loved her,"

"I gave her the divorce paper with my sign, but she didn't want to divorce me. Chloe told me that she will live in Australia and wait for me, but we can't. Charles is still our friend. Charles asked Chloe for marriage but Chloe can't because we are married. So she told Charles that she doesn't believe in marriage, luckily, Charles believed it and dropped the topic. Instead of fighting for her, I did not because I can't afford seeing a child having a broken family because of me," she finally held my hand and painfully smiled. "And Charles forced Chloe to live with him in Australia,"

"And years went by, I met Jung Kim and built our own family with Jennie, but he died. So, I hid Jennie and went home to our city to fix some papers but Charles and Chloe came home. Chloe's been crying as she saw me because she still wants me. She still wants it to work. And I realized that I'm still in love with her. So, we decided to build our own business, my idea to continue our family. But everything messed up because Charles knew." Claire lift my chin and caressed my face.

"Chloe and I decided to do IVF secretly, we knew a man named Marco Bruschweiler who helped us, he is our sperm donor, he's a good guy, he made sure that everything is good, before he left to go back in Thailand. We used Chloe's and Marco's and I carried you,"

that name sounds familiar.

"And when we confirmed that It worked, is when I didn't expect what Charles did, He even did it in front of my wife, in front of Chloe, I am so worried that it would affect you, but fortunately it didn't.However, He thought you're his child." She hugged me tightly and said, "I'm glad that he didn't kill you,"

"He almost did." I coldly said while remembering how they threw me like trash.

"He always hurt me and one day he left me in nowhere. I feel so lost and my memory is replaced because of trauma. I thought they left me with my grandparents, but what happened is, there's an old couple who saw me bleeding, they thought I'm dead, they brought me in the hospital, when I woke up, I thought they are my family. I just knew about it last year when I'm recovering and by the help of my psychiatrist." I sighed.

So, I'm so lucky that there are still good people who helped me and trusted me. They are not rich but they trusted me and help me to be on the top. They lied to me, but they did it for my good because they saw me almost dead.

I let Claire cry until she brought me to the place where she cries every time it's my birthday. I didn't even notice that we traveled because I've been processing all the information. I entered the house and roamed around and saw the big picture of Chloe and Claire with the ring on their finger and another with baby Jennie. And I saw the photo of Marco.

Wait.

It's Lisa's father? I'm even more confused. But my thoughts are interrupted by Claire.

"This is the house Chloe and I bought for our family with Jennie," Claire smiled. "Chloe, loved Jennie when she saw her, I even feel jealous because I feel like she loves Jennie more than me," She chuckled.

"Chloe cared so much about Jennie, she loved her the way she loved me. That's when I knew that she wants to have another baby, but with me,"

I never experience the love of a parent. But I know that Grandpa and Grandma loved me too so much. Jennie is so lucky.

And there's an album that Claire handed to me. I cried while seeing how happy they are. we could be a happy family if Charles did not happen. I felt my blood boil, I want to cry and punch a dead guy. But I can't.

And Claire has photos of me when I was a baby?

"How?" I asked as my real Mom smile. 

"Your Mom managed to send me all of this, but it's too late. I only received this ten years after they took you, and Chloe and Charles are already dead at that time," Claire sighed.

"I managed to find them, I asked someone to follow them, and I discovered that Charles killed Chloe because of obsession. So, I immediately instruct someone to kill Charles. I can't just accept that he killed my wife and my daughter," she punched her chest trying to contain all the pain. 

"I'm sorry, you have to experience all of that," I said, and Claire helped me turn the next page of the album.

"Oh, I remember, I also put here the photo of Jung." Claire chuckled, trying to divert her emotions, "You'll see that Jennie looks like her father,"

"Did you love him?" I curiously asked.

"Of course, If I'm not married or If Chloe signed the divorce paper, I will marry him. I met him when I ran away. He said he also ran away from home. We loved each other without knowing each other that much. I didn't even know that he's sick. It's like a blind love, we focused on loving and caring about each other and didn't mind where we came from," She smiled.

If Mr. Jung Kim didn't die, If Chloe and Charles didn't come home. I will never exist; I will never meet Jennie. I wouldn't have suffered—Claire and Jung with Jennie, Charles, and Chloe with Alice. I can imagine them having a happy family.

I looked on the next page, and the photo album suddenly slipped from my hands.

I widened my eyes.

"Jung Kim," I stutter. He ran away from home. 

I remember her being sensitive when it comes to her Dad.

She has a photo of him in her penthouse, but she hid it.

I know it's him.

She said that He's missing before he died.

It's Kim Jisoo's Dad.