Chapter Eight: Cafe Date

I span through my newly replaced wardrobe selections and think back to an idea that was suggested to me.

~~~

"Tomorrow, we should go out to a cafe and have Darika be herself without the class having to find out!" Mina bursted out randomly from her place on the beanbag.

"Sounds good" Sero replied fast.

"But what if someone recognises us from the UA festival." I wonder, a little nervous of the suggestion.

"Hm. What if we all wear disguises?"

"Like..?"

"I don't know, just make us all look hard to recognise."

"We could try, I guess."

"And then if anyone asks about Darika wearing a dress while we're leaving, we can use the disguises as an excuse!"

"Oh yes! That's perfect! Please, Darika, please agree."

"Fine, it sounds like it could go well."

"Oh and Bakugo, before you can refuse. You're coming." Kirishima's words are replied with a small grunt.

~~~

Which one should I go for..?

I ponder as I slide the hangers across the bar, grimacing at the horrible sound it made. I finally come to the conclusion of wearing a light brown dress with two medium sized black buttons down the middle. After putting on the feminine underwear I had purchased with Mina, I followed a safe tutorial from the Internet on tucking (Tucking is defined by the Transgender Health Information Program as ways one can hide the penis and testes, such as moving the penis and scrotum between the buttocks, or moving the testes up into the inguinal canals.) I watch myself in the mirror as I slip on the bronze coloured dress, patting over my body and smoothing out the loose bottom half. I admire myself.

Never did I think I could see myself as beautiful...

But now...

I look at myself.

And I'm beautiful.

Closing my eyes, I feel down my body, my hands riding over the bumps created on my chest from the padding and following down to wrap around my waist which has been thinned from the dress. I take a deep breath in and lower my hands down to my crotch, slightly feeling the emptiness and lack of the body part that has now physically hidden. I can't help but smile as I feel overwhelmed by the gender euphoria taking over me. A soft knock at my dorm room disrupts me as a calmed voice asks in from the other side:

"Darika, you ready?"

"Just a moment, Mina." I reply, grabbing a purse with my essentials inside. I hop towards the door, opening it quickly in excitement. I take a moment to analyse Mina's 'disguise.' Her hair is straightened and partially hidden in a hat, of which has two poorly cut holes inside to allow access for her horns. Her outfit consists of a large burgundy sweater, black jeans and beige boots. She pulls a 'fuck boy' face and tips her sunglasses down slightly.

"Damn, baby girl. If you're not careful, I'm gonna gobble you up." she winks at me teasingly. I laugh and brush off her disguised act. "Okay, beautiful, let's go."

We walk down together towards Kirishimas room, known as the designated BakuSquad meet-up place, where we find Sero and Kirishima giggling about something.

"You got a problem, fuck-faces?!" Bakugo yells towards them. We peer over the corner of the door to see Bakugo wearing a light pink skirt and a white top. My mouth widens as my cheeks blush.

He looks so pretty!

"We haven't got a problem, Bakugo. We just didn't expect it from you."

"Just shut up, okay. We said we were going to disguises."

Mina sucks in an over-exaggerated gasp and jumps up in excitement.

"This is so awesome!" She exclaims.

"Are we all ready?" Sero asks. His black crop top catches my eye, his matching jogger bottoms following next.

So I guess we're going bold today, I wonder what Kirishima's wearing.

I turn to him to answer my thoughts. I laugh to myself quietly.

Disguise?

This is his usual wear!

"What?" He questions my amusement.

"So much for disguise."

"Huh? I am wearing a disguise, see! This top is blue! I never wear blue! I even had to borrow it because I don't have anything blue." My laughter only grows with every word of his explanation.

"Okay, okay. We get it, blue riot, let's go."

"Blue riot? That just sounds wrong-"

~~~

"So what did you want to order?"

"Oh, I'll just have a tea." I answered.

We managed to get out of the dorms without anyone noticing, thankfully. There's no telling what would've been said or assumed if they had seen our outfits.

"Excuse me." A waiter spoke towards me, my anxiousness grows as I look up and answer her.

"Yes?" I say shakily.

"The guy in purple at the table over there payed for your drink and told me to give you this." She smiles awkwardly, placing a note in front of me and pointing to the person before walking away.

"Huh?" I look towards the direction she motioned to and quickly recognised him to be Shinsou Hitoshi from class 1-C though he's facing away from me. My friends let out some 'oohs' and encourage me to open the note. I do as they wish and unfold the small piece of paper. It reads: "Couldn't help but notice your overwhelming beauty from all the way over here. Wondering if you'd like to join me, or if not, call me ##### ######." My cheeks glow red as I spot a glimpse of pink from over my shoulder attempting to read the small note.

"Omg you have to! Wait is that Shinsou? Omg you have to go over there."

"B-but what if..? And I'd feel guilty leaving you guys."

"We'll be fine, plus, you've just scored yourself a hot date! You couldn't possibly turn him down. We know how you like purple."

"W-what do you mean by that?"

"Nothing- now go!"

"Fine, fine."

~~~