15: I Am Yours

"She would go anywhere with him

Over mountains, through perilous waters,
even into the dark.
Anywhere. Everywhere."

*.•

I'm leaving.

I stared at Tom, feeling completely baffled. He's got to be joking.

The larger part of me wasn't quite sure how to feel. But there was a smaller, more vulnerable part that feared for the worst. Tom couldn't mean for good, right? He would be leaving his job. He would be leaving me. We had worked too hard to be together for him to just leave. A wave of panic pierced my chest, and I felt a familiar sting settle in my nose, but I would not cry. Not yet, anyway.

"You're what?" I asked, refusing to believe what I was hearing.

Tom reached for my hand and quickly explained himself. "It's only for a couple of weeks. I'm going to London to visit my mother during winter break."

I rested my hand on my heart. He wasn't leaving me. He was visiting his mom. I felt like a fool for assuming anything different.

I let out a breath of relief and shoved him gently, whining. "You couldn't have started with that? You almost gave me a heart attack."

"I didn't mean to scare you." Tom chuckled and pulled me close to him. "To be honest, I don't want to be away from you."

His blue eyes were so vibrant, like two beautiful pools of crystal, reflecting every single one of his inner thoughts. I stared into them, wishing I could dive in and become consumed with every piece of him. Both the beautiful, as well as the ugly. Together, we were unstoppable. But what would we be when there was a whole ocean between us?

Two weeks. I could manage that. I had to.

I ran my fingers along his sharp jaw, sighing. "I wish I could come with you, but I would be pretty hard to explain to your mom."

"She would love you, Cam."

"Maybe. Until she found out how we met."

"That's not particularly true. She's not one to judge." Tom leaned into my hand and grinned. "But she would have a fit if she found out how old you were."

Rolling my eyes, I said, "Hey, I'll be twenty-one really soon. I'm an adult." I started to smirk. "If push comes to shove, I can always pass for older."

Tom raised a brow at me, "We are not lying to my mother." He said.

I put my hands up in surrender. "I wouldn't dream of it, babe."

A surprised look flashed across Tom's face, and before I knew it, he was pulling me in for a kiss. His hand cupped my cheek, the pads of his thumb brushing gently against my face. Gosh, I would never get used to the way he kissed me.

"Two things." He murmured into my lips.

I hummed, eager to hear whatever left that perfect mouth of his.

He pulled away for a moment. "One. Never assume I wouldn't drop everything to bring you to London with me. I would do it in a heartbeat."

My hands roamed from his neck and down to his torso. I played with his shirt absentmindedly, listening to his every word. I really did think he would leave me in New York. I never thought to ask otherwise.

"What's the second thing?" I asked quietly, as if he were sharing a secret with me.

Tom grinned and brushed the tip of his nose against my own. "Call me that name again. Call me yours a hundred times over."

A bright smile lit up my face, "You're such a softie." I teased, trying to steer away from the way my cheeks flushed.

"Do it." He commanded, his voice raw and unwavering.

I looked at him then, swallowing the massive lump in my throat. My heart was pounding so loud, I knew he was able to hear it. In the past, I had only been in a few other relationships, but none of them had been this serious. Not really. Not like the way Tom and I were. It felt like I had jumped out of a plane, but somehow I didn't fear the impact or the fall.

"Tom, you are the only person I will ever give my heart to. There's no going back. You are mine and I am yours, and nothing will ever change the way I feel about you." I told him surely.

Tom traced his finger around my ear as he listened, sending chills up my back. It was difficult enough to tell him my deepest, most inner thoughts; His touch made it almost impossible. I let out a shaky breath, and Tom responded by dragging his long fingers down the side of my neck. I shivered.

"My love," He started to say, but I cut him off.

"You must enjoy torturing me like this." I breathed. With every little touch, every little brush of his fingers, my skin felt as if it were on fire. I wanted him to kiss me, but when I leaned closer, Tom gave the barest shake of his head.

"It's not that." He said, "It's the way you look at me. You squirm like this, and yet there's a certain wildness in your eyes that tells me you're not afraid."

Tom's hand trailed down my shoulder, then my arm, down, down. His touch was gentle, but his gaze was excruciating. I wanted to shy away. But instead, I kept my eyes locked on his. Tom's hands stopped at my waist and rounded my back, resting on the small of it. I bit the inside of my cheek so hard I could taste blood. How could the gentlest of touches ignite so much desire in a person?

"You are mine and I am yours." Tom echoed my words.

I nodded, it was true.

"Stay with me. Come with me to London. We can figure out the details later, but just say yes. Please."

I leaned closer to kiss him, and this time he didn't object. "Yes." I murmered. "I will always say yes."

•   Authors Note   •

this chapter was a short one, but i hope u still enjoyed !
🚨Also!! If you haven't read my discussion post🚨
I will be going on hiatus for a bit. Why, you ask?
I'm writing a book!! I hope you'll stick around for the future, because ill probably be updating these stories from time to time!

unfortunately i cant say anything about my book,
but if you want to keep up with my journey,
follow my ig and twt @/subtlestarrs !

Thank you so much for your support,
and pls remember to vote n comment ur thoughts!!
xx