7: Breathe

                                               •

                                               •

A little over an hour into the movie, I finally tore my eyes from the screen and glanced over at Tom. He had his feet propped up on the coffee table, looking deeply invested in the movie.

I grabbed the nearest pillow and hugged it tightly. It felt so cozy sitting there, and snuggling up to watch a movie was just what I needed to ease my anxious mind.

"This is the best part." I whispered as a certain plot twist was revealed.

As if on cue, Tom and I leaned forward in suspense.

Harry Potter was definitely one of my favorite movies. I'd always daydreamed about visiting far off lands, and visiting Hogwarts was at the top of my list.

Once the credits began to roll, Tom sighed and furrowed his brows in thought. "I think.." he started, and I looked over at him, silently praying he didn't hate every moment of the last two hours. "I think I'm going to resign and teach at Hogwarts instead." The man nodded, proud of his decision.

I immediately relaxed and let out a huff, crossing my arms as I looked at him. "Jeez, don't do that. For a second I thought you were going to say you hated it." I chuckled.

Tom shook his head, "I really enjoyed it. I guess that means we can keep being friends then." He teased, watching me as I held my pillow close.

My eyes went wide at the mention of us being friends. Tom's presence was so comforting, and the thought of being friends with him made me smile. I nodded slowly, "Yeah I guess so. Just as long as you help me with my English homework." I joked.

Tom rolled his eyes, "I think you can handle yourself, love." He said with a shake of his head.

Love.

I scrunched up my nose. "You're no fun. I was trying to make a joke." I pouted at him, not wavering as I stared into his crystal blue eyes.