Chapter 6, Roadtrip...

*No one's POV*

"Seto, my feet are sore...." Mokuba let out as he wiped his head from the sweet. They had been walking for three hours now hoping that they could either get a hitchhike or find a place they could get transport without attracting too much attention.

"Alright we can sit for a bit at that gas station we are coming up to," Seto said having drink for the bottled water he had. Since he didn't want to worry his little brother about if he was going insane, he couldn't talk much to Joey throughout the time they were walking.

Which was weird for the older brother cause he had grown attached to talking freely to his ghostly companion.

With a little more walking, they finally reached it with Mokuba collapsing ans sighing at the door.

"I'm gonna go to the toilet for a minute, don't move I'll be right back," Seto said as he walked away slowly and kept looking back at his little brother.

Eventually he slipped into the room and locked the door, finally Joey got his colour back and stretched. "You actually need to go or is something wrong?" Joey asked.

He kept peaking his head through the wall to look at Mokuba to make sure he was ok.

"I just wanted to have a look on social media for a second. I need to make sure we aren't being tracked or people post stuff on when they see us," Seto said as he placed himself on the toilet.

That wasn't the whole truth, but his pride wouldn't allow the truth. He got his phone out and had a look. The battery was sitting at 56% which was a little worrying but since he wasn't using it for much he can save the battery as much as he could.

It was as he thought, their names and faces were plastered everywhere for people to see. There was even talks of if they weren't found police would start to send out helicopters and search units for them.

Seto mumbled to himself, clenching his phone tightly in his hands. Joey didn't know what to say, so he peaked his head his head at Mokuba. He was still alright, kicking up some dirt at his feet. But some guys coming up to him worried him. He decided to fully come away from the older brother and watch over the younger.

The group of men came over, one of them obvious drunk was waiting outside while the rest went in. The guy finally noticed Mokuba, smiled and staggered over to him. 

Joey acted fast, going back into the toilet and to Seto.

"Seto you need to go out there! Mokuba might be in trouble!!" Joey yelled and Seto ran straight out leaving his phone on the tank of the toilet. They got out in time before the guy got over to the younger brother, Seto throwing a punch at the guy.

The ghost sighed in relief but noticed the guys friends coming out. He tried to call out to his human but he didn't hear as he was still punching the other guy. Joey didn't want to do this, he was pretty sure this was going to get him into trouble but he wasn't about to let anything happen to the humans.

The three guys came up to the Seto with one of them kicking him in his back. He fell to Mokuba who caught him and tried to drag him away a little to no avail. He expected something to hit them both. But no, that didn't happen. 

No, but the sound of barks bounced off the walls. Around the corner came running Golden Retriever dog snarling it's teeth and growling was in front of them. All the guys backed away, apart from the one who was drunk who thought it would be a good idea to try and fight the dog. 

He tried to kick the dog, but the four legged creature was faster and got the leg in it's mouth but did not bite. It tugged at the man for a while until he fell flat down.

The dog let go of the leg and snarled once again this time scaring the man enough to chase after his friends. The brothers hugged and sighed while the dog sat down wagging it's tail. 

"So am I not going to get a hug too?" the dog asked and Mokuba screamed out. Seto too was slightly confused and looked around for Joey as to where he ran off to. "Yo Seto it's me, Joey."

"Mind explaining why you are now a dog?" Seto asked him looking down at him. Mokuba moved his brother off of him and was questioning himself as to why his brother was speaking to a dog that was talking back!

"I'll explain to you later, I think the little one behind you needs more than you. Better yet we need to move away from here," the dog mumbled while getting up. Seto too got up and before he could get up to help his brother Joey got to him first and gently bit his hand to help him up.

The three now all walked along the road waiting until they were far away and sat down at a rock. 

"Alrighty Tadpole, listen up. I'm a spirit who has been sent to watch over your- you two and make sure nothing bad happens!" the dog called out while wagging his tale. Yeah he had to lie, but the whole truth is too much for a child to take in. "You can't see me normally but like this you can! So if you ever see your brother talking to himself he isn't insane!"

"Insane? Thanks Joey," Seto mouthed off while the dog stuck it's tongue out. Mokuba still didn't understand it all, but slid himself down to the dogs level and started to pet him.

"You are the only one I can let see me Tadpole," the dog said turning to face Mokuba. "Your brother was supposed to be the only one who could see me. You weren't supposed to see me but I think since your brothers I haven't broken any rules."

Even now, Joey was lying cause he could feel a sharp burn on his back for slightly breaking the rules. But something that was never put into consideration was that the spirit would have to deal with a younger sibling.

To Joey though it was worth it, Mokuba now knew some about him. But if he wanted the younger to see him in his dog form then he would have to suffer the burn on his back. But with it only hurt for a while so he decided to put up with it. Besides.

He's dead. The worse in his mind has already happened so what else could happen?

While writing this, an anime has come to mind that I have made it like not on purpose. I actually kinda forgot it for a while but it's call Full Moon wa Sagashite. It's a really cute but sad anime and I would recommend it!

So was letting Mokuba know about Joey being there a good move? Or will it come crashing down later? 

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, if so let me know down below and STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT ONE!!