Chapter 10, Return to them...

*No one's POV*

It was all too fast for anyone to react, the water too fast. He was frozen in fear, his body refusing to make any sort of movement.

He couldn't believe his eyes of what has just happened, he was on the verge of tears.

"We have to run to get him! We have to try!!" Mokuba screamed thrashing around in the grip of his brother.

Seto finally snapped out of it and began running alongside the river looking for any sign of Joey appearing above the water.

There was none.

He didn't want to give up running though, if he did then in his mind he had lost one of the closets people to him on the planet.

As they went further down the stream the edges opened up more, making the somewhat small gap between the land much much larger.

Mokuba was starting to loose his breath and slowed down. That didn't stop Seto though, he kept running.

Running and running down the stream until a unseen branch in the ground got caught under his feet making him kiss mother Earth.

His younger brother finally caught up to him, already in tears and panting vigorously.

"A-Any sign of h-him?" Mokuba managed to pant out. But no words escaped the olders mouth. Only soft whimpers escaped his mouth as the tears started to flow from his eyes. He punched the ground over and over, not stopping until his brother grabbed his now bruised and cut hand.

At that point Mokuba didn't need to hear any words to know what was going on. He let his own tears flow as he hugged his big brother feeling him shake.

He has never seen his brother this bad before.

"I....I lost him....HE WAS SO CLOSE TO HELPING ME WANT TO NOT LEAVE THIS WORLD AND NOW HE'S GONE!!!!" Seto cried out making Mokuba let go of him.

That's all he needed before trying to move closer to the stream. He only managed to get his hand in it before Mokuba jumped on his back stopping him from moving.

"You can't go in after him when he's gone big brother!" Mokuba cried out desperately trying to not let his brother go in. "I can't make it alone!!!"

None of this was getting through to Seto, his whole mind was blank. He once again didn't want to be on the Earth again. Yes, it would be selfish to leave Mokuba on his own, but he was a storng young boy in Seto's mind. Someone would come along this road, or even he would find his own way.

At some point he had even stopped hearing the sound of his brother and the sound of the water flowing. Nothing mattered to him anymore.

"I don't think you'll like how cold that water is," a voice said making Seto shoot his head up and look back. Joey, bone dry was standing there with a hand sheepishly behind his head. "I'm sorry I made you worry like that Seto."

The older brother found the strength to move his younger brother off of him and he stood up. Slowly, he staggered he way forward and practically threw himself onto Joey. The spirit flinched with the contact, but did not remove the human from him. 

"I thought you..."

"Died? Yeah kinda hard to happen when I'm already dead," Joey laughed but it didn't make things any better as Seto started to weep. He was gasping a lot and tried to tighten his grip but do it much as, once again. Joey was a spirit.

Joey wrapped his arms lightly around the humans back trying to soothe him, but he did not have the warm touch he missed. He couldn't feel much of his humans touch. But that was not what was important, his wants and needs weren't important right now.

"I'm here now, I'm here Seto," Joey stated over and over as the older started to slide down still crying. Joey went down with him until the were both kneeling on the ground, Mokuba just sniffling and started to smile happy that the spirit was still with them.

I know this is a little bit shorter then what I normally do but I wanted to get something up. it may also not be the best thing you guys were hoping for to be realised but when I get back into my grove I promise they will be better.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, if so let me know down below and STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT ONE!!!!