Chapter 7, Camping the night....

*No one's POV*

"Joey can you please just be a spirit again, I'm not used to you being a dog," Seto moaned as he was limping a little. They had been walking for the entire rest of the day with only small stops in between, it was finally getting to him.

"No Seto! I like being able to see and talk to him, plus he seems to like getting his head rubbed, see " Mokuba stated and rubbed the dogs head. The tail was going back and fourth as the dog barked out and jumped around a little.

Seto rolled his eyes looking at the pair then proceeded to look down on his watch, it was starting to get late and he was starting to think that they wouldn't be able to make it to somewhere safe for the night. 

Looking more in the distance however, he saw a rock formation in the distance, starting hoping that in the rock was a small gap that they could get in and let his brother sleep and rest for the night.

"Joey, can you turn back and fly over to the rocks ahead and see if there is a way to get in and cover up," Seto asked and the dog nodded it's head.

After a lick to Mokuba's hand the dog turned to his human form and went over.

Seto watched from afar as he looked while Mokuba was upset that he couldn't see him.

Meanwhile with Joey, he was slipping in and out from the formations. Turns out there was more behind the first one which wasn't very good.

"Blond boy, it's been a while!" Joey heard and looked for the voice. A little piece of white silk was floating next to him as it started to glow. "Having fun on your first job?"

The silk was no longer there and another man was standing there, but he actually had wings on his back and two animal ears on his head.

This, was Marik. He had been a spirit longer then Joey and was more experienced in the jobs.

He has seen his jobs succeed in life, and others he saved chose to leave the world.

Although their rules stated if their human job dies they too would join them, it does not apply to when they choose to leave the world a second time. That is why Marik still exists.

Most, if not all his jobs afterwards end up like that, which is why he is more numb to the whole thing now.

"How many times have I said it's Joey. And why are you here? Don't you have a human to look after?" Joey asked while looking back at his approaching humans.

"Killed themselves half an hour ago," Marik shrugged and floated up to see them with a o on his face. "Oh that tall one is cute. He yours?"

Joey let out a animal growl as he grabbed Marik's foot and brought him down to his level. He ignored the other being as he finished his search and went to walk away. Before his arm got grabbed and he was pulled into a chest.

"I dare you to fall in love with him," Marik whispered and ran his hands down Joey's body. The blond shivered as he tried to move, but the strength Marik had on him wasn't normal. "Either that I will take you."

With that, Marik turned back into his silk form Joey almost slipping from the lack of support he now had.

"Joooooooeeeey!" Mokuba called out and rounded the corner looking for the taller one. Seto also rounded the corner, noticing the off look that was now on Joey's face.

"Hey what's wrong?" Seto asked, patting Joey on the shoulder. The blond flinched at first, but sighed as he turned back into a dog to get pets from Mokuba.

Joey shook his dog head as Mokuba placed down his bag and looked around. He wasn't too happy to where they had to spend the night, but he knew his big brother was trying his best. Seto watched from afar as he watched Mokuba set up his sleeping bag and pillow from his bag and set it down.

Once he was lying down, the dog curled up beside Mokuba who cuddled him and soon went to sleep. Seto couldn't sleep though, he had to watch out for his brother. 

Joey also never went to 'sleep' because the words of Marik were running through his head. If he didn't fall for Seto he would take him himself. He didn't know what he meant by that, whenever he was talking about love or something else. From what he had heard of Marik from others wasn't good.

The only thing he was good at was his job. 

"Joey," the dog heard and saw Seto pat next to him and nudged his head to next to him. The dog looked at the small human to make sure he was asleep before getting out of his grip and next to the taller human and sat down. "You seem off, what's up? Did you see something when you came over before?"

Joey didn't know what to do, whenever to tell him or not. "No sorry I just started to remember some stuff from when I was alive," Joey said as he put his two front paws onto Seto's lap and then his head followed. 

"Ah I see, will try to push it to the back of your mind," Seto said and placed his hand on top of Joey's head. He went behind his ears and started to rub the inside of his ears. Turns out that was a scratch spot for Joey as his tail started to go and his back legs started to kick.

The human couldn't help but smile at the dog as he continued but the dog moved from him and sat with his back to the human.

"Go to sleep Seto, I'll watch out," Joey said as he curled his tail around his body.

Seto got up from his spot and watched the dog carefully as he set up a spot to lie down. But before he laid down, he went to Joey and gently grabbed some fur on his neck making the dog look up in confusion. The human dragged the dog to his spot and sat down, debated something at first but then pulled the dog in-between his legs. 

"Stay with me for a while then," Seto said as he fully wrapped himself around the dog with his arms and legs. 

Joey was thanking his form for right now, as he could feel his cheeks in his human form going red. It took all his strength to not wag his tail as Seto slowly fell asleep wrapped around him with his face in his fur.

Oh sweet Marik what have you done? Every spirit has their own story as to why they are the way they are.

But will Joey succeed as his own job? Or will something go south and he will fail?

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, if so let me know down below and STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT ONE!!