chapter 19

December 8th 2004 10:43 am. David drops us off and then heads down the road. We place our masks on. And then we nodd at each other and barge into the front of the bank. "This is a robbery! Everyone put your hands behind your head! Brad and Michael shove the hostages as I place the bombs on the vault.  After they lock the door they take cover away from the soon to be blown door. Michael detonates the bomb. We storm in and take as much money as we can "theres enough for all of us to enjoy.  I say shoving the Bill's in the bag. "Depends on how you look at it .... michael says as he too shoves money in his bag.  After all three have gotten bag full each of money we head to the exit . As we are heading that way, a hidden security officer ambushes Michael and holds him hostage he tears off Michaels mask and says "I seen your face I'll remember it. " michael then says a line I'd never forget " you forget a thousand things everyday, make sure this is one of them. "Instantly I shoot the tucker down " Michael backs up surprised "you didnt have to do that. "There will be time for grievances later now let's go " I say heading to the door . " "you got that right  . "Brad says with a smile as we head to the door. We open the door and immediately see the whole county's department drawing guns. This wasn't the plan but things happen so the show must go on. We end up in a shoot out ... michael shouts "this wasn't supposed to go down like this! "Yeah well things change mikey... you should know this I say as I shoot a cop one by one. Finally,  we run to the getaway car that luckily was still waiting. Dave unlocks the doors before we get in. As we get in david comments that he didnt think we made it. "Drive I tell at the ditsy kid.  As we pull brad brags Bout pushing a lady against glass . Michael adds you're a real stallion. "Bahbahbahbahbah" I say irritated. The cops were hot on our trail we end up in a gun battle . Unfortunately, for david ,he was shot in  the head. Micharl pushes his carcus out the door and takes the wheel! Brad and I shoot at the cops . I add we need to beat the train. Pushing michael to push the pedal.down.. as we try to.beat the train  we were hit on the side causing us to crash into a poll... brad ,Michael and I get out in the daze and head to the chopper. All the sudden out of nowhere brad was shot by a unknown bullet and seconds latet,michael. As brad was gasping for air, checking on his own blood Michael fell on the snow covered ground rolling crying I'm hit. I stop and go to help them when Michael signals me to.go to the chopper. "I'm not leaving you here mikey!" He insists I go . All the sudden more police.pull up and reluctantly  I run to safety as gunfire continued.  As I'm running I see a farmer lady heading to her back yard unaware of what was unfolding before her. I grab her placing my barrel of my gun to her head warning the cops to back off or I'll kill this bitch. I end up.letting her go and storm off as fast as I could. I get.to the chopper amd fly off to the safe.house not too far from the carnage.  The whole flight there i began to freak out. I hit the panel In anger and anguish thinking about my two possibly dead friends....

I get to the safe house. This whole operation is beyond fucked. Lester refuses to answer the phone. I give up and just sit on the couch thinking intently... this job was supposed to be clean..... the way lester planned it meant the heat wasn't supposed to be that heavy....it just didn't make any sense.... but that wasn't my concern... God knows if I have my friends . Worst yet losing my brother from another mother.  The only person I could tolerate yet love as family. 

I grab the remote and flip threw the channel when weezle news comes on. They are going a report on the bank robbery. They announce one casualty and a arrest. Didnt state who and it made me fucking mad.... so now ones dead, ones on his way to the pen.... I decide to wait all day to find out the identities . Finally during the 5pm news they announce the identities... brad was arrested and the worst of all...michael townly my best friend was pronounced dead In the hospital... I fell to my knees and for the first time in god knows how long I sobbed. The sobbing turned into rage I couldn't control... I ended up torching the safe house and heading to the chopper.... I fly off to the distance looking.for a new start out west....