Chapter 1- backstory

Living in New York finds it's hard challenges, especially when having no family no friends alone in this hell that's your life. The only one you kept you sane all this time was Ivy your adorable border collie; she was always full of energy the only thing that got you up in the morning.

5 years ago, You found Ivy at the side of the road: no collar, no home. You took her home and dried her off, or at least tried to; shaking her body she drenched you and the living room in rain water. That was the first time in years you had smiled, you knew in that moment everything was going to be ok.

You work from home trying to earn a living but it's proving to be hard But you make it work. You get paid a little less then most others receiving £5 per day. You try not to let that get to you and try your best as in the end no one in this life will help you so you have to help yourself.

You live in a 5 story building, you just about have enough money to pay each month. Yet the rent increases each month finding it hard to keep up and make enough money just to survive.

All through this, Ivy has been your rock; your best friend and you wouldn't change that for the world.

——————————————————————————-

Chapter 1

Awoken by Ivys barks echoing threw the dim lighted hallway leading up to the front door. Huffing you throw the blanket to the side of you and walk down the hallway.

Y/n: hey, hey Ivy what is it girl. You Stretch your arm out to calm Ivy down. She cuddles up to you as you gently pick her up and enter the living room. Yawning you opened the curtains revealing the view of a wall of another building. Rain falling down the window. Great another perfect day. You place yourself besides Ivy and reach for the remote, turning on the box tv.

Flicking through the channels you put on the news. Rising out of your seat and making your way to the kitchen. Ivy trailing behind you like a shadow. You chuckle to yourself.

Y/n: so I'm guessing your hungry,huh? You bend down and grab her food boll. You open the cabinet and grab a small tin of canned dog food. Ivy becomes inpatient and begins circling around you making you laugh hysterically. Hey I'm nearly done ok. You pouring the food into the boll you step back as to not step on her; you place down the food and smile at how happy she is.

You open the fridge, hoping there was something to eat. A gust of cold envelopes your body as you view what's inside. Grabbing the only thing left you huff and look down at Ivy tossing the apple in you hands.

Y/n: great it's shopping day. You said sarcastically as you enter back into the living room. Falling onto the sofa and grabbing your laptop in the process; looking through your emails from work you find an email that was send from your boss. Scared you sat up and read the following: thank you for working with us yet it has been learnt we no longer are in need of another helping hand. You pause as you feel your eyes tear up.

You slam your laptop in frustration putting it to the side. Tears falling down your face as your eyes wonder over to the tv, you hear Ivy exiting the kitchen and enters the living room. When you see your dog you burst out in tears holding her tight as you look out of your window to the brick wall.