Chapter 3- the man

Many days pass now having nothing to get up for; every day being the same as the last. Every morning looking for a job, anyone who was hiring with no luck.

You grab you money jar and shake it hearing a slight rattle from the inside; undoing the lid you Peered over the jar you plunge you hands into the jar; grabbing what lies inside you pull it out. Eyes tearing up with hopelessness. Two £20 notes and one 5p coin you throw your head back onto the sofa in frustration.

Y/n: how I'm I supposed to pay the rent with this. You place the money on the coffee table that sat in front of you. Rising from the chair you walk into your bedroom up to your dresser- opening it and taking out a jet black skirt and a cream shirt. Before dressing yourself you take a deep breath hoping someone would be hiring at this point you have become desperate.

Before exiting the door you grab your black rain coat, sighing at the empty room.

Raining trickles down your hood landing onto your face; your feet squelching from the cold rain. Car head lights bounce off of the rain as they speed past you. Your eyes focused on the ground in hope not to make eye contact with any pedestrians walking the other way. You smile as you remember how Ivy used to drag you along how you would get anointed when she would pull you in puddles.

———————————————————————————

After a while you come to a dim light shop; hoping to god they can help your situation. You just stood staring at the door unable to move as you pondered the thought of if you don't find a job soon you may find yourself on the streets. Taking a deep breath in you pushed those thoughts aside as you made your way into the shop.

A kind man (who looked to be in his 50s) with a welcoming smile approached you and spoke in a gentle voice. Kind man: what can I do for you young lady. His long white beard moving every time he spoke.

Y/n: I was wondering if there was any job offers that are coming up. Trying to smile, the kind man looks down with his teal eyes; You sighed as he looks back to me forcing a smile upon yourself. Oh ok, thank you for your time anyway. Opening the door as you smile at the kind old man one last time before you entered back into the rain once again.

Your mind begins spinning, thoughts of your future bashing in your mind.

You make your way to an alleyway: a short cut to your flat. Still not completely focused you dart your eyes up and down the alleyway; seeming to become darker you walk faster. A thud was Heard from behind you,You swiftly turn around as your eyes focus on a bin that had been tipped over as a cat jumped onto it.

Rolling your eyes. Y/n: stupid cat you turn yourself around to walk back home but was meeted with a tall dark silhouette of a man. You try to speak yet no words seem to come out of your mouth; you turn around to leave the way you had come in.

Before you could the man grabbed your wrist, pulling you closer and placing his hand on your mouth as he chuckled to himself...