The New Rachel

Abby's POV
Here I am walking around Juilliard, talking to Quinn on the phone. I had just finished my first academic class.

"Yeah, I'm just looking around for my modern dance classroom now. No, I'm not nervous. Okay, maybe I'm a little nervous. I mean I'm back to being a freshmen." I admit on the phone.

"Haha don't worry Abby. You're one of the best dancers I know, you're going to be great in class. Ugh I have to go the professor just walked into the room. Bye Abby, I love you." Quinn says.

"I love you too." I say then here the dial tone.

Okay Abby, you've got this. No need to stress. I tell myself.

I walk into one of the dance rooms and see a bunch of people already in there. I put my bag down at the side of the room and start to stretch, and chat with some of the other people in the room. After a few minutes of stretching the teacher comes in.

"I'm Cindy Caplan, you're modern dance instructor for the semester. Now listen to what I say because I'm only going to say things once. Now everyone up, and get into lines." She instructs firmly.

As we get into lines of 3 she gives a set of moves to follow. The first group goes then second, then it's my groups turn. I get through this round easily but one of the people in my group gets called out.

"Hey, greasy hair. We're you not listening to when I said the order?" She snaps at the poor girl.

"I'm sorry." The girl tells her softly.

"Sorry couldn't hear that, what did you say? Because here in New York sorry won't cut it. You gonna tell a mugger sorry I don't have any money, and expect them to just walk away?" She asks rhetorically.

"No! Now get back into line!" She yells.

Great this class is gonna suck.

———————————————————————

Rose's POV

I'm walking around the halls of McKinley on my first day of my senior year. It's not the same as last year though, like sure now everyone wants my signature for being part of the Glee Club. But most of my friends from last year left, like Abby, and Quinn and even Santana. At least I still have Brittany. Oh and there's this new sophmore on the Cheerios her names Kitty, yeah she's a real bitch.

I get interrupted by JBI with a new haircut and his camera crew, "Rose Williams how does it feel to be back at McKinley for your senior year, after winning Nationals with the New Directions?"

"Um, it's great. I'm happy it's my senior year and I can't start looking forward towards colleges." I tell him with a small smile.

"And I've heard that you are on your way to being Cheerios captain possibly, how do you feel about that?" He asks pushing his mic towards.

"That would be great, but honestly I don't really care about being captain of the Cheerios." I say to him.

"Hmm now how about your love life, any special someone? Maybe I have a chance?" He asks and I almost gag at that.

"No, no person. Not planning on dating anyone, I just want to focus on myself this year." I conclude then I walk away from him and his camera.

Then I hear him ask Artie about who's going to be the new lead. Great now everyone is focusing on who will be the new Rachel. Why can't there just not be a Rachel anymore?

Time skip

We're all back in the choir room after a long awaited time.

"Glee!" Mr. Schue cheers as he walks in.