Chapter 0 [Rewritten]

I took inspiration from the Fate/unpublished material that was announced on December 20th, 2019.

And please have mercy on me!

Hope you guys enjoy it.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The sea of flames had engulfed the entire Shinto section of Fuyuki City, leaving behind nothing but destruction and death. The victims of the fire were consumed in pain and agony, reduced to ashes. Amidst the chaos, a young girl of six or seven years wandered aimlessly, her blue eyes filled with stars, searching for a way to escape the inferno.

She had lost her memory and was plagued with questions about why this had happened and if her parents had perished with her in the fire. However, she was determined not to give up and clung to her will to live, even in the face of such overwhelming adversity.

As she walked, her breathing grew labored from the chemicals in the air, which would slowly kill her if she continued to inhale them. Her feet ached from exhaustion, and she longed to collapse. But then, she spotted a man carrying a young boy and called out for help. Her plea went unheard, and the man walked away without noticing her.

The girl grew desperate and started praying for salvation, her desperation and will to live had an unexpected effect. Her power reached beyond time and space to the throne of heroes, summoning a powerful entity to her aid.

Despite her damaged vocal cords, the girl's thoughts were heard by the entity, who appeared before her. Though initially confused and angry by the situation he was summoned in, he recognized the girl's worth and her unwavering desire to live decided to help her.

Even though the girl's eyes were damaged by the smoke and heat, and she could not speak, the entity could hear her thoughts.

She wanted to live. And with the entity's help, she might just survive the flames of Fuyuki City.

The knight's morals remained strong, and he was determined to fulfill her wish, and he had an idea of how he would do it.

Despite the risks, he quickly made his decision. "You want to live. This is your wish, isn't it? What I am going to do is something a heroic spirit like me would rarely do for a human like you, as it goes against the world's will. So, I ask you, are you willing to give up part of your humanity? There is no turning back." The knight told the temporarily blind child who weakly nodded her head without hesitation.

The shield knight closed his eyes. "I see... If this is your resolve." Then he placed his forehead on hers, connecting with the child.

"This will be painful for you, so please bear with it."

As he put his forehead against hers, the little girl felt at ease. It gave off a sense of safety that she could not describe, but it somehow felt warm in her chest. Then the pain hit her, and she cried out as her body succumbed to the pain, while the white-haired boy held her tightly in his arms, protecting her from the flames.

The transformation was a success. She became a demi-servant or a demi-human in his perspective, as her human heart still remained.

Suddenly, the knight sensed something. An unknown being was coming towards them. He drew out his sword from its sheathe as an old man appeared out of nowhere. The knight pointed his sword towards him in hostility, protecting the girl who was still in the process of recovering.

The old man just chuckled and eyed the child strangely, then he grinned as if he won the lottery.

The knight didn't know what this man was thinking, but he had a bad feeling about it. He knew instantly that there was no escape from this crazy old man. "Hahaha, no need to be so stiff around me, as expected of a knight! A boring person who likes to pretend he is the embodiment of justice itself," the old man said with a spite of mockery, given to his character.

He just blinked while the crazy man kept laughing without a care in the world.

"What do you want from us?" the knight demanded. The old man turned serious.

"All I want is to aid you and this child, with no strings attached of course." The dead apostle bluntly said without any hint of emotions, confusing the knight.

"There is no such thing as 'no strings attached' especially from your kind. I would like to hear the real reason you're helping us, bloodsucker." The Knight glared at him.

"As expected from the Grail knight Galahad, a knight of the round table who was tasked to find the holy grail for his king." the old man said casually, revealing his true name. Galahad had the sudden urge to bash his face with his shield, but sadly he couldn't knowing full well that the man in front of him out classed him in terms of power. "You can say that this oddball right here is a beacon of hope to an old friend of mine, someone who likes to tinker with things that are beyond human reach and the reason why you are here with her. He is also someone who would not hesitate to be the enemy of our world's system."

"Is that so?" It was the only thing that Galahad could say. He was a man of few words after all, but he understood why he was summoned by this child.

"Well... kind of, honestly I don't understand what's going on in his head half the time." The old man said. "Now then, since you're with her, virgin boy, did you really turn her into a demi-servant again? This is probably the fourth time you have decided to do this and it's getting rather old," the old man taunted.

Galahad frowned when the old man called him a "virgin boy" to his face. "Fourth time?" he repeated. "Then you must be a wizard who wields one of the Second Magic. Of course, I want her to live, this was her wish, and what kind of knight would I be if I could not save a life of an innocent child."

The Wizard Marshall chuckled. "I didn't even have to ask. And before we go, I have something useful for her in her new world." He gifted her a spatial bag filled with books on magecraft and variety of schoolbooks, from beginners to experts, to ensure that she has some basic knowledge in her travels in the next world.

"It's time to say goodbye to your old home and start your new journey. On this journey you will grow strong and will be able to overcome whatever comes in your path," Zeltrech said. He bent down and her patting her grey-colored hair gently.

The child asked anxiously, "Where are we going? What's going to happen to me?" Galahad reassured her, "Somewhere that you may call home, I assume."

The dead apostle coldly smirked at Galahad with a knowing look. "Don't you dare abandon her for your stupid ideals. It's time to relearn everything that you considered to be righteous."

Galahad tensed up, but the child was too tired and confused to understand what was happening. Before she fell asleep, she asked, "Who are you? What will you do to me?" The two men blinked, and the old man laughed heartily. "My apologies, child of hope. My name is Kischur Zeltrech Schweinsorg. You may call me Zeltrech, we will meet again in the future, and I hope when that time comes you would have already grown to be an outstanding individual."

The child spoke bluntly, "You're weird," and Galahad agreed with her. She then fell asleep. Zeltrech took her in his arms as Galahad vanished into her consciousness, rested alongside her while the wizard Marshall secretly smiled to himself.

"I hope your journey will be an exciting one. Unlike the boy over there that you loath so much. It was fun to watch him, but stories can get rather dull when you seeing it for a thousands of time in a row. I wonder, what sort of impact will you have when you arrived to the next world?"

He snapped his fingers, which a portal appeared in front of them.

"I shouldn't meddle, but who cares about that? I'm simply doing a favor for an old friend. You are currently nothing but a blank slate with no identity, but with time will grow into a fine hero." Zeltrech shrugged his shoulder and bowed to the audience who read the chapter.

He only smirked mysteriously with only his one eye closed.