Chapter XVII

As Elaine told the blonde haired girl about the reason why she journeyed here while Artoria was listening with half lidded eyes and smiled, Dainsleif silently came in with the warm piped stew on his hand.

He noticed that Artoria seemed to hide her pain well enough as the light gray almost turned white haired girl to noticed it as she told why she came here.

Dainsleif didn't know why that women sympathize her as if she compared Elaine with someone else.

But he thinks it is wrong what Artoria was thinking, because Elaine is her own person who has the desire to explore this world and showed to him the light he wants to keep it for himself but hesitate if he truly deserve it.

Honestly, why is his mind spinning around about her.

"Ah, You're back." Elaine greeted him once more in delight. Dainsleif grunted in response as he handed her the stew which she thank him with a grateful smile on her face.

'Her smile is more suited the most on her face.' That thought came out all the sudden for the cursed human and wonders if he deepened a bond with her in such short time.

Then he quickly noticed a small chunk of carrot sticking on the side of Elaine's lips and without warning he lifted her chin to him.

"Dainsleif?" Her eyes were showing the wonder of what he was doing and felt the drawn to his eyes who speaks the melancholy of a distant past.

Elaine wants to know more about Dainsleif... or so her heart was telling her with an loud bumps and its burning like fire.

"Sorry." He said to her as he whipped her side of her lips where a piece of food was. "But you leaving a mess while you keep eating and there aren't any napkins to wipe out."

"Is that so? Thank you." Her cheeks turning to a slight pink color as he removed.

Artoria was in deep thought as she keep blinking her eyes back and forth at them then she realized.

'They acting like... In love with each other without realizing it,' She thought with a grim on her face and sighed. 'Oh well, I pray for them that they reach a peaceful ending without regret.'

"Artoria."

The fae blinked when the child of man calling out her name.

"What is it?" She asked Elaine who is looking at her.

"Can tell us more about this place?"

'Ah, This question was expected to come.' With half-lidded eyes and a thin smile, Artoria spoke.

"This is the place where everything and everyone drifted here, after the event that their home world has been destroyed by mercy. I would like to call this place, the island of the lost but its a melancholic name for it that I came up with since I don't know what originally called."

Elaine and Dainsleif were silent when they heard about this.

'Her world has been destroyed by mercy!?'

Artoria sensed their distress, not that she cannot blame them to hearing this.

"Everything has their beginning and end, this is the unchanging law of any world. Including to this world, unless you have the power to overturn it. And also, there's nothing to be sad about my world. Since it lived for a history that is deemed to be an 'error' by the will of the planet, hence the mercy kill by a single human with her companions who came from the Pan-Human World, the correct history." She told them as if it wasn't a big deal. 

"...How come that you are here then since yours was destroyed?" Dainsleif asked. Many questions were scrambled in his brain like, 'Why does it sound similar to this world when it comes about erasing history? How does that happen? Was is the work of a entity?'